Strange property situation

Ok, so my neighbor’s tree had a huge (i’m talking like 25’) branch break off and land on our property.

It’s been sitting there, and is quite a hassle to cut up.

Is it our responsibility to take care of it?

Or is he responsible?

finders keepers

Fuck me, looks like I know what I’m going to be doing today :frowning:

Just go cut it and throw the peices into his yard. Then ask if he’d like it removed and charge him 100 bucks to do it.

His. I don’t know if there is some strange by-law or something for you down-staters but at least up here it would be his responsibility. I went through this when we had a few lightning strikes last summer. But the power co. decided to chop it up anyway and remove it for or neighbor.

:word: if the branch had fallen on your car his insurance would have had to cover the damage, so tell him to get the branch out your yard.

You guys positive? cause I’m going to go knock on his door lol

i cut all the branches off already

so what happened? did you talk to your neighbor?

I’d just be kewl and ask him, “it’s your branch, the least ya can do is help remove the thing”

We said fuck it and my dad and I just chopped up the whole thing.

Fucking took forever, but it was a good workout.

I miss my gas chainsaw that some fucker stole from our old house :frowning:

The 14" electric one had a hard time chewing through this trunk… it was like a good 15-16" accross.

V cuts for the win

a huge tree in front of my house fell during a storm late last summer/fall… we cleaned up the mess, but the tree crunked a good portion of the neighbor’s fence, and also took out a few branches of her “really expensive japanese maple tree”. since the tree fell during a storm, our insurance would not cover it - - HER HOMEOWNERS had to. needless to say, she was not happy… now we felt bad, so we said we’d pay her $ 250 deductible… so her fence could get taken care of… no problem… she comes back saying that they won’t pay to fix her tree (trim and seal several branches), and that’s $ 300 more. we said go to hell, it’s a tree. gotta draw the line somewhere though, hey if u want some sickly overpriced tree, make sure its covered under your insurance i guess? :shrug:

when leaves fall off the tree do you rake um up or do your neighbors?

i think once its in your yard its now your’s in that case

lol i once caught my 12yr old neighbor out picking up loads of sticks and shit and throwing into my yard, i dont liek them to begin with, so i flipped on him, he picked all of the ones he threw over and then some…

It doesn’t work like that… whomever’s property the tree originates on, they have to clean it up. Because it’s essentially their tree.

Most of the time though, the city will take care of it, regardless.

He’s probably the one that stole the chainsaw. He knew his branch would be coming down soon and knew that you needed the workout :wink:

city won’t clear trees.
we had our huge tree fall across the road, blocking 2 lanes of traffic and brooklyn wouldn’t do anything about it besides tell us to pay to get it cleaned up. we cut it all up ourselves, but without a permit to do so, it was technically illegal.

the laws on this definately vary per city, but i believe in new york if it is outside of his property it’s not his.

that is why there is a website that lists the free fruit in new york city (ie, their tree overlaps a sidewalk or public property so you can just pick it)

so long story short, you should have cut his tree down a while ago just to avoid picking up the leaves or this dangerous chunk falling down.