Lexus Down!

As we all know, the city and surrounding areas had some bad storms in the area. We live next to a cemetary and the fence is lined with trees. Well one came down and got a little piece of my mom’s pristine ES300.

I pull down the street after work to find this:

http://home.comcast.net/~dannythekid/lexus1.jpg

And after I cut all the trees and shit away from it:

http://home.comcast.net/~dannythekid/lexus2.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~dannythekid/lexus3.jpg

Anyone else get any damage? It hit our house but didn’t do any damage.

man that sucks, bigtime!

haven’t been home yet, but Im expecting something

No damage here. I was in Target and the the power went completely out. Sucks to see that

damn that sucks

wow, that’ll be pricey…glad she wasn’t in it!

I saw two dumpsters full of water rolling down Fifth Ave heading toward the Birmingham Bridge at around 3pm yesterday. It was just when the hard rain started, they pretty much slammed into this blue caddy parked on the side.

any pics? that would suck real bad

no I was on the bus coming home from work, I snapped one from my phone but the rain n the windows made it indecipherable.

Ouch. Does insurance cover it?

ouch.

Does car ins cover “acts of god”? …glad she wasnt in it…crazy ass shit

home owners insurance might cover it also. my twin sister was hit bye falling debris and rocks on 28 a few years back she was covered

The trees line a fence that goes around the cemetary beside my house. We’ve been going back and forth for years with the city and also the owners of the cemetary. Each one of them tells us the trees belong to the other agency. We’re still waiting to hear back from the insurance companies… Both homeowners and auto said they can cover it, we’re just looking to see who will have a better way of handling it, then we’re gonna try and pursue getting the trees all trimmed or maybe removed as much as possible.

Damn, that reminds me of my neighbor down the street. Branch came down and smashed into their Sienna van. Busted the quarter panel, taillight and bumper.

Thank god for two-car garages though.

Got a two-car garage, she didn’t park in it that day.

Right now it’s at Crafton Auto Body. Initial estimate is $7500 and 80 man-hrs. Didn’t total it out though.

Should be done by the end of the month.

lol i’m sry but the image of two dumpsters full of water rolling down the street is funny to me…but hitting the car…that sucks

had a tree drop an our old cherokee, close to 5 grand damage, roof wasn’t too bad, but needed a new hatch, some straigtening on the roof, and qtr panel… State farm handled it quick and effeciently… I would imagine it’s better to put in under Auto insurance, but it shouldn’t raise either rates since it’s and act of God…

ouch…

what year is the car ?

Car is a 1998.

I was on vacation last week, but I think she said she had auto ins. (Allstate) cover it, and they did.

I’m really surprised they didn’t just write it off.

if i am not mistaken “act of god” means you do not need to pay the deductible :dunno: