Street Racer In TX Kills Two People

Matthew Austin, 19, was charged with racing with a fatality.Harris County sheriff’s deputies said Austin was racing Zachary Larwa, 18, on F.M. 1960 and Kuykendahl on Oct. 24 in north Harris County at about 1:30 p.m.Larwa lost control of his car during the race and slammed into another car, investigators said. The driver of that car, Anna Karpenia, 74, was killed.Larwa and his passenger, Phi Li, also died in the collision. They were students at Klein Forest High School.During his probation, Austin will have to speak to students about the dangers of street racing.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/19693249/detail.html

Funny comparing it to Chris.

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52023&highlight=neon+driver

Yay NY.

Cliffs. 30 days in jail with 7 years probation vs ~3 years hard time.

Was Matthew Austin currently serving a acd for illegal speed contest during this incident? I agree Chris got fucked

They don’t have ACDs in Texas, and yes the kid had previous tickets.

and this kid actually killed some…
the kid from NY was next to some mustang driver who couldn’t drive, who was driving over his head, with his gf in the car.
hmmm

This thread should just be locked now before the retards start chiming in.

shockingly we agree.

No no you read the article wrongly. This guy did not hit or kill anyone. He raced a car that lost control, the two occupants inside where killed and the car they stuck contained a old lady who also died.

I just think it is funny how much of a difference in sentencing there is in almost two exact cases.

I can’t believe our government isn’t more structured. It really just seems to be how much the media hypes it up and who pushes for their own agendas that determines a case, which I think, sucks.

I hope I’m never personally put up for anything and judged by a jury because I’d get judged by a bunch of idiots. :banghead:

I don’t want anyone to discuss Chris’s case, I want you all to discuss how two extremely similar cases can get judged so differently in our government.

Title should read 3 people…

Did flee after the accident?

Does killing yourself count as killing someone? :meh:

I do not know the entire story. I was out that night, but didn’t see the crash. I drove through the area about 5 minutes after it happened. It was a mess.

:word:

:word:

shit, I guess I didn’t read the title.

I don’t wish, but i DO wish, that one of these type of accidents would occur when some young kids line up agianst a 50 year old guy in his corvette.

I think these sentences are more of a “making an example” out of the young kids.

That is blatantly obvious. I bet an old guy would never even get caught. If he was honest and didn’t run, told the cops everything, he probably would get a ticket. If he lied the cops would probably believe him and if he fled and they caught him because of his “vehicle description” he could still lie and they would probably believe him.

Basically if it was an older guy, I doubt it would make it to court but who knows really, anything can happen.