Houston street race turns deadly

“Deputies said one driver, 22-year-old Andrew Mock, has been charged with two counts of manslaughter and one count of aggravated assault-reckless driving with serious bodily injury. Deputies said charges could be upgraded.”

“Deputies said Mock was driving a yellow 2018 Chevrolet Camaro westbound at a high rate of speed when he struck the left-rear of a black 2017 Chevrolet Malibu with the right-front of his Camaro. Deputies said the collision caused the Malibu to travel off of the roadway and onto a sidewalk, which was occupied by pedestrians. The Malibu struck several pedestrians who were standing on the sidewalk, deputies said.”

to me this all seems to be a function of overall societal decay.

when there is a general societel apathy and lack of purpose, which is certainly the case right now, people are going to just stop giving a shit and this is going to keep happening.

High performance car, low performance driver…

1 Like

Not to marginalize the loss of life, but over 100 people die on average every single day in car accidents in the US. This is only news outside of that local zip code and the parties involved because it involved street racing and that’s a click generating story to sell.

3 Likes

It actually took me a minute to identify what car was in the pic. At first my brain said BRZ.

They should also charge the dude in the Malibu. Trying to do a burnout or something at a complete stop on the highway.

Also, not sure why they keep calling it street racing?

If you frame it as street racing its easier to create new laws

1 Like

Yeah, but its bullshit. Never let a good tragedy go to waste. I’m so sick of seeing people twist words for their own agendas.

“Young man stupidly speeding hits parked car in the middle of the highway killing 3” should be the title.

1 Like

There is so much stupid in that video it’s hard to count it all.

2 Likes