Street Racing Article

Shinobi_350z posted this on my350z.com

“Back a year or two ago, the police crushed two cars involved in street racing out in markham or something, the bank was alerted of this obviously by the owner of the car and the police department was slapped with a HUGE lawsuit. They lost the battle, the bank was paid off and AND the two kids involved in the race were let off due to a technicality.”

^I remember this clearly as it was discussed around the “water cooler” at the firm a I work for several weeks…

Also they cannot seize your vehicle on an assumption that you are street racing and they cannot arbitrarily take your car without a proper inspection(a summons must be issued and the inspection must take place at an MTO recognized shop)
However they can seize your car on the spot if it is in violation of certain saftey standards.

The law is powerless, unless of course you have prior convictions for excessive speeding, reckless and or dangerous driving. In which case they can base there assumptions on your history.
Regardless in order for them to crush your car they must go through the judicial process of convicting you before judgement is passed.

Whats even worse about this whole fiasco is that (iirc) the two cars that caused this whole issue were not even tuned, in fact I think one was a grand am and the other was a bmw…

It maybe time for a tuner rally at queens park…

Thank you Church
I’ve always looked at every peice of documentation I could get my hands on from the government but could not find where they can actually crush the cars for their speculation.

“Officer… I was driving over the speed limit, and I didn’t see that the guy beside me was driving over the speed limit too”

There’s no collaboration between the two parties and the prosecutor will be going entirely on speculation.

Not tuned – Grand Am + BMW = “Street Racing”… That’s the work of the media hyping things up. Monkey See, Monkey Do. If CTV says this, CityTV says the same thing plus that to get the edge.

we should really organize a tuner rally. if you want to set things in motion let me know. ill try to pull as many people as i can. ranging from stock to heavily modified. we should show that its about how you drive the car not what you drive. heck i drive like a maniac 24/7 in my van but when i was in my gtr i babied it and occasionally floor it. cops look at the van and think naaahhh. probably a soccer mom late for something. but when im driving the limit in my gtr they think “he must be up to something”

^^^ Babied?
I heard you got the questionable engine the road and the first thing you did was race, followed by toc toc toc toc…