Stripping interior

Is this a smart idea for a now known as summer car? I want to strip out all my interior to the bare bone to get as much weight loss as possible and maybe get the inside of it painted black. Do you think this is practical and is there any advice you would give for taking part in this.

some will say yes, some will say no i will say yes, crazy dave has kind of a stripped car it looks HAWT!

I don’t see the point in this. Its not like you lose that much weight and it will make a HUGH difference in the amount of road noise you hear. I had my car like this for a couple weeks when I re-wired last summer and I almost went deaf.

Well I want to make this car to the bare minimum most horespower I can get , drift/ drag car and I figure if Im gonna start with something itll be weight reduciton and suspension ( and mabye learning how to drift )

ive had stripped cars before! What I did in my red convertible was striped everything including the tar shit and welded some seams and then I still wanted the carpet and I still wanted no road noise so I got waterproof carpet underlaying and cut and sprey clued it perfectly under the carpet. It had mmore cumfort and WAY less weight and still looks factory!

I cant stand a compleatly gutted car. It is very noisy but if its just a drift/ drag pig then who cares I guess! Do what you want it will be fun!

Yeah man I work at DQ so I’m trying my best!

I will take your seats off you. Get some lightwieght momos for the front hehe…

was actually looking at some very firm holding racing seats both of them are ripped anyways but hey if you want them when the time comes … sure

What about rollcages… How much do they run?

Stripping usually only removes weight from the tail section of the car and starts to fuck up the weight distrubution of the car. IE Instead of F/R weight distribution being 55/45 it might be 60/40.

I removed the back part of the back seat, all that tar crap under the carpeting and removed the A/C and will be moving the battery to the truck to try and balance the weight a little better.

My car’s stripped and will stay that way. Seats, door panels, and the dash. All that remains of my interior. Hell I even got rid of the rear speakers. I think stripped looks alot better than that ugly tweed shit my car came with.

they can run from 500 for a used boltin one to over 3000 for a custom welded in sex machine rollcage! depends what u want it for!

I don’t know about you Nissan guys, but every ounce of weight makes a difference in my CRX!

Very true for my friends CRX, huge difference when he gutted his!

I took just the back seats out and a few of the interior panels last year. Didn’t remove the tar or anything, and it was quite a bit louder. Not annoying loud like my winter beater, but still loud. I can’t say I noticed any difference in the acceleration.

i love the look of just a rear strut tower bar in the back and nothing else

autopower roll bars aren’t too expensive. for a daily driver, that’s all you’ll need. if you wanted to go crazy, you could buy the bolt in full cage and you’d be able to take the front out when you street drive the car.

http://www.autopowerindustries.com/Roll_Cages.htm

as for interior removal, i say you should retain your interior.

What I found when I gutted my interior I brought it back down to factory weight so thats the main reason why I did it.

WOW for 3 grand you better get some major roll cage. Ron Mercer in Leth builds full welded in cages with door bars painted for like 1500. They actually have plates on both bottom and top and go through the dash not around like those crappy bolt ins.

I never noticed any accelaration in a S13 from gutting shit! Well atleast from the SR or CA or RB ones!

I used to notice lots of diffrence in my old Honda though and I had a build GSR. Hondas dont have power like nissan I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

Man when i gutted my car it was the first time it ever felt any actual pull from the sucker when accelerating. But i did go pretty balls out… Pretty much removed everything i didnt need. But id say the more stock HP and heavier the car is to start with, the less youll notice removing interior crap. I say do it though… unless of course you actually want women to ride in your car with you.