Sub 20k what you get v 22 yr old girl

Ok so the GF totalled her car and is now looking for a car under 20k with a warranty if used under 20k miles. As of now she is looking at g6’s and malibu’s…any other ideas???
only restrictions are, must be an Auto and must be 06 or newer with a warranty.

Also, must be American made don’t bother with anything else i’ve already tried her dad will not buy anything else(lets stay out of that issue)

Toyota Corolla, Scion TC, Honda Civic, Nissan Altima, Chevy Cobalt, Ford Focus. i mean wtf dude the list goes on. around 20k newer, 06 and newer with a warranty, theres a ton. Maybe it would help if you asked her what she was more interested in, 2 door, 4 door, hatch? colors? motor size?

07 altima coupe baby…

he said must be american

aka must die at 100k

My wife just picked up the 08 Malibu, and I am impressed. And a lot of features for a low price tag. Paddock has a bunch of them.

i just saw a 07 chevy cobalt ss for sale for 18,7. i thought those cars were more then that. do they come in auto? if the ss is only 19k the other models have to be under 15k

tell her to get a brand new toyota corolla

JDMjunkie just picked up the cobalt SS for 18.5, but if it must be an auto the regular cobalts are dirt cheap, not bad cars either.

im sticking with a toyota corolla or camary. 1 of the safest most reliable cars on the market

tell her stupid fucking father to buy her a toyota, they are fucking american made now.

[quote=“layzie,post:8,topic:38580"”]

im sticking with a toyota corolla or camary. 1 of the safest most reliable cars on the market

tell her stupid fucking father to buy her a toyota, they are fucking american made now.

[/quote]

+1

if this was an import only thread and all anyone was suggesting was domestics theyd be getting bitched at. STFU.

saturn aura if she can get a deal on a new 07 or find a used one, they are great for the $ and have solid power in the 3.6 VVT V6 ones.

I had a Saturn Aura for a rental a couple of weeks ago and I was pretty impressed. Nicest GM I’ve ever driven. I had a G6 for the first part of the trip. Decent power, but otherwise sucked. Something was all fucked up in the steering too.

I want to know who at GM thought it would be a good idea to put the automatic-headlight photosensor right square in the middle of the dash. :bloated: One of the most blatant pieces of afterthought design I’ve seen on a car in a while…

Go with the Toyota.

It is american made. You value fo your dollar will go further.

I can get here into an 08 Avenger for under 20k brand new. With am/fm/cd/sirius, cooler built in dash lol. They have alot of nice features my g/f loves heres!

[quote=“Coldaccord,post:4,topic:38580"”]

he said must be american

aka must die at 100k

[/quote]

JFC I’m so sick of this. That may be true for 1995 vehicles but Ford, GM, and Chrysler quality is improving and the others are slipping read the damn news. If they die at 100k why the hell to I have to put up with GM engineers demanding 200k mile validation for a friggin oil seal.

So after restraining myself for months I’d like to say

FUCK YOU! to all the domestic haters. I’m sick of hearing it when so many of us work pretty damn hard to build a better domestic. So what if your 95 taurus ate balljoints like it was it’s job and your moms 89 crx is still going. I really don’t give a shit. :deadhorse:

Toyota is the fucking BE-ALL-END-ALL in the automotive world. That’s why the Tundra torque converter shudders and the tailgate cable-stay mounts bend when you drive a lawn tractor on it.

They’re all machines, they’re all designed and built by people, and they all have their problems. [/rant]

If you want a ten year old car, buy a toyota or a honda. For an '06 or newer you aren’t at that much of an advantage.

As for American made the question is more accurately do you want non-union American made and foreign owned or american owned and union american made or american owned canadian or mexican made?

Ideally you should put your opinions aside and buy what works. Cost to own is prob more important than anything in this case. She probably wants good mileage, and since she has a history of being a crasher cheap to insure is important too. Most of the warranties out there are pretty good now so there isn’t much difference across the board on that.

Get what works for her in her situation. Don’t get a Toyota because it’s a Toyota. And don’t not get a Pontiac because it’s a Pontiac.

And by the way, I’m sitting home on the computer because I got the day off so the lazy union domestic builders in MI can go deerslaying :lol:

Pontiac Vibe has a Toyota engine and drivetrain (same as the Matrix).

The new G6, Aura or Malibu are all really nice.

honda accord. Made in ohio

+1 for the Aura

Once again, i thought this thread was going to be about something else.

[quote=“Coldaccord,post:4,topic:38580"”]

he said must be american

aka must die at 100k

[/quote]

you do realize that GM has suprpassed toyota in quality?

if you want to continue to hate cars made in america you better start hating the CAR, not the manufacturer because many cars from toyota, honda etc are MADE IN AMERICA. btw we had a 1993 suburban that we sold with 266,000 miles and NEVER TOUCHED THE DRIVETRAIN. It can stil be seen driving around lancaster because the guy who bought still tows his boat with it

as far as what car to buy I like the G6 because it has great gas mileage, will fit you requirements and still look cool. I would love the chance to help you get one since I sell them

[quote=“TORQDSS,post:19,topic:38580"”]

you do realize that GM has suprpassed toyota in quality?

if you want to continue to hate cars made in america you better start hating the CAR, not the manufacturer because many cars from toyota, honda etc are MADE IN AMERICA. btw we had a 1993 suburban that we sold with 266,000 miles and NEVER TOUCHED THE DRIVETRAIN. It can stil be seen driving around lancaster because the guy who bought still tows his boat with it

as far as what car to buy I like the G6 because it has great gas mileage, will fit you requirements and still look cool. I would love the chance to help you get one since I sell them

[/quote]

:word:

I’ve owned both toyota and GM, new GM’s aren’t bad cars, and every GM I’ve owned I’ve had over 200k on it with the exception of the TA :clap: