Subaru issues, go figure.

Well I’ve been having minor Subaru Issues for quite a while now, but nothing crucial so I procrastinated on even asking about them.

At idle while cold, car will be very hesitant to throttle response to the point where I have stalled it on rare occasions during low speed maneuvering.

Also while it’s idling in the cold, ANY input, no matter how slight on the throttle will cause the idle to drop for a split second before revving up. Even if I lightly blip it, it will rev down and go back to normal instead of revving up. This is most likely connected to the hesitant response during cold driving as well.

TPs acting up? MAF? I’m not sure, going to clean the MAF soon.

Started after the motor was out of the car and head gaskets were done, but not necessarily related.

Anything you would consider a “tune up” item has been done, down to the 02’s.

Sounds like the TPS may need to be adjusted/replaced…

My Z does the same thing, but I just gave up and dealt with it as soon as it warms up it goes away

sounds like a m.a.f problem vlad. get some brake cleaner and pull the m.a.f out lightly spray the m.af with it but away from the sensor plug in and let dry for a few minets then try the car and see what it does

maf

On also what feels like a flat spot in the map under acceleration everytime at 3k rpm.

Cleaning the maf it is then.

Thanks!

vlad, lemme know if you wanna chill sometime and do your maintenance

Vlad, use the MAF cleaner that AAP sells.

Pretty much every product that AAP sells I own in some variation or other.

I have a can of MAF cleaner at the garage I’m going to use.

Ahh yea the flat spot deff sounds like a MAF issue then…

I had that issue with my car also that after a quick spray of the maf went away…

Wanna have a Subaru MAF cleaning party? I need to clean mine too.

MAF’s are fun :banghead

I’ve had my share of MAF issues over a few years, sounds exactly like your problem. Use MAF cleaner, KTHXBYE

MAF and sex toy party woohoo

Yea… I think you and my neighbors would get along great.