Subaru Tech Chime In*** Need ECU Pinout for 2.2L Auto 1999 EJ22

Well the speedometer in my subaru isnt registering…i got it hooked up to the odb11 scanner from northtowne and the sensor is working, its detecting the speed but my speedometer is not registering it. i assume its the speedometer cluster but i want to be sure so i need ecu pinout for the speed sensor i have been searching for the last 4hr and i cant seem to find anything here are some pictuer of my ecu and connectors.

its 3 row so dont be confuse with the 2.5L 4 row pinouts

you have pm.

hey is that picture u sent for a 2.2L? it seems to have 4 rows of wiring. mines only have 3 row of wiring

It’s all I have. I wasn’t sure if it was the same or not, but it was worth a try.

i looked at everything from 90-94 legacy and those are 2 rows, the newer 2.5l impreza are also 4row. is my legacy a hacked job?

[quote=“SilverGT,post:5,topic:36598"”]

i looked at everything from 90-94 legacy and those are 2 rows, the newer 2.5l impreza are also 4row. is my legacy a hacked job?

[/quote]

I will ask Mark what that cluster came from, if he knows. Maybe it’s not compatable? He still hasn’t gotten back to me.

Did you check the speed sensor plug that connects near the tranny? Make sure it is firmly in place and the clip is on it or it will not show your speed on the speedo. I believe it is on the passenger side in the rear near the tranny. Actually I know.

hey redsox. the sensor is giving it a signal but the speedometer is not reading it.
airhead, thanks a million.

another question…could i tap into the wiring on the back of the cluster to another speedometer with like a civic speedometer would it give me a reading? i was gonna go right to the ecu and find the signal and run it straight to the cluster to see if it reads. so then i can know that its truly the speedometer cluster and not the wiring. you knw what i mean?

Or if anyone can lety me borrow a speedometer out of there legacy that would also help alot hahah.

or better yet if somone can tell me the rpm to speed that would be great lol. rpm to speed in 4th gear in a automatic. thanks
that a temporary fix

connector b135 terminal 24

how the fuck did you get that? im at work and im gonna check as soon as i get out.
what is the connector out of?

omg more info for you

now that what im talking about thanks a mill i own ya one.

[quote=“RedSoxDude19,post:7,topic:36598"”]

Did you check the speed sensor plug that connects near the tranny? Make sure it is firmly in place and the clip is on it or it will not show your speed on the speedo. I believe it is on the passenger side in the rear near the tranny. Actually I know.

[/quote]

not on this particlar set up, theres a harness inside the transmission with speed sensors.

The cluster was supposedly out of an earlier Legacy (Maybe '95, 96?).

thank you for everyones help and i found the problem…the wiring from the ecu to the speedometer or even the schematic on the outlay of the cluster was broken…so after runing a straight line from the ecu vehical speed sensor to the speedometer it worked!!! awsome…psycho i really thank you for the schematic it helped out the most!