suby problem!

ive got 95 legacy wagon 2.2 stick and im have the same problem i had last winter with my 93… i was driving the car and it was running fine and then out of no where it pegged at hot and didnt make any heat… the oil is clean an it is not loosing any coolant i changed the thermostat just to make sure but i had this same problem last year with my older legacy and i put a new water pump on that one with it not resolving the problem… and now dont want change the pump seeing id thats the problem with this one … even when the car was running hot the radiator cap was cool to the touch and you could take the lid right off like the coolant is no making its full travel through the block seems like a vapor lock of some sort because the top house is hot but the left side of the radiator is not… wondering if this is a common problem that u know of that ive had it happen with 2 different engines.

try a coolant temp sesnor if thats what the gauge reads off of? maybe take the reading of the coolant temp sensor also. it reads in ohms and i’m sure someone can find the spec.

sounds to me like the fluid just isnt flowing at all through the system, hence why no heat comes out and the rad cap is cool.

i was gonna recommend flushing the fluids and re-filling, but if u replaced parts on it already then that step would already be covered.

maybe theres a clog in the radiator somewhere?

Bad gauge even? I remember on my GST Spyder it would read hot all the time if it was above 70.

guys, if the car was running for a while, then he should have heat working. On top of that, his radiator cap should not be cool to the touch and he should not be able to pop it right off. Its def. not just the guage reading wrong

Meh, skimmed over. Didn’t see where it said it had been running awhile.

I just remember my Eclipse always would go hot randomly despite not being hot and it was the gauges not the car.

its not a rad. plug its gotta be vapor locking somewhere i just dont know why… the identical symptoms in 2 cars so i highly doubt its a radiator i need to know if there notres for intake gasket leaks or somthing along those lines that it would suck ait into the system and cause it to lock knowing what a pain in the ass it is to berp the subaru coolant system