Suggestions for Warranty Issues..

Alright well i figured i would see what kind of suggestions you guys have as to what the hell i should do about this…
So mid January i decided to change my spark plugs on my wrx, i figured it was about time for them, i had just been dreading it since i heard it was somewhat of a PITA… Well i finally did it, had to get the ngk iridiums since apparently nobody around here stocks anything else as far as plugs for my car. So i changed em, went to work, and when i got home i took it out for a drive, it ran fine for a little, then started running like shit. next day i took em all out and one of them had cracked for some reason, so i bought new ones and redid them again. Once again ran cool for a while, then started running like shit, almost like a misfire but not as steady… So i said forget it, took it to the mechanic cause i didnt have the time, nor did i wanna sit out in the snow changing them again. He changed them, and noticed it wasnt the plugs that were making it run like shit. Found out it needed a new headgasket, so he went to do that, then he finds out the whole bottom end took a shit… Well that sucks but atleast i have the warranty that i bought through the subaru dealership when i got the car. So we called them and they said they will be there next week, well 4 weeks later, no show from the warranty company.
Finally they call last monday and tell him to take the engine apart, and have me provide the oil slips from when i bought the car ( 2 years ago) until now. Of course i changed my own and didnt save the reciepts, my only option now is searching through my bank statements to when i bought the oil and goin to the store to get reciepts, well i paid cash sometimes so that completly screws me. What the hell should i do now? Apparently im going to have to buy a new engine out of pocket since the warranty company is probably going to deny the claim since i dont have all the reciepts. Anybody ever have a similar experience? Looks like im screwed in this situation… Anyone know where to get good prices on engines?

Sry it was kinda long just wanted to explain all that happened.

had the exact same situation a few years back with my ranger, exactly the same! they denied it, i paid 850 for the removal and disassemble of the engine, their investigator determined that the oil pump clogged from sludge that was built up from “Lack of maintenance” as they called it, but i can damn well assure you that the oil had been changed in that truck within every 3-4k.
regardless i lost, i had a private mechanic look at it, and he determined that the oil pump clogged from a silicone type gasket that had fallen down in the oil pan, also did some research and found that this was a common prob with that year, and engine, but still didn’t do me any good.
so best of luck with you on that, your sure to get screwed in the end, the bottom end…

Had the same thing with my Explorer when the timing chain guides went bad. Told them what you just said ( changed my own , dealer changed sometimes , etc . ) They pulled the motor and the claims rep came out and looked to see if there was abuse . When they looked at it everything was ok and they fixed it at no cost to me

Man that sucks. That is why I save every single receipt when I spend any money on my car. Besides getting info from your bank statement or receipts from the store, I don’t know what else there is you can do. Maybe have an independent mechanic look at it after the warranty company to see if he agrees with them. But even if he doesn’t, they probably won’t change their mind.

go to an oil change place and have them write you receipts or oil slips at like 3000 mile intervals i worked at my uncles pit pros and he did that on numerous occasions i mean charged for writing them all up but give that a try maybe you kno some one

i see this all the time with aftermarket warrenty companies.1 guy had a 01 sierra and his motor locked up and the warrenty company sent out someone to look at it and he had a flowmaster muffler.not a catback.and he said because of the muffler thats y the motor locked up.well the guy had his lawyer call the warrenty company and next thing we no the warrenty company said put a engine in it.They pull stupid shit but if someone threatens them they give in.Basically if u have mechanics on ur side thats ur proof in court and ull be fine.