Summer '08 Setup

Dan, that setup sounds nice but I’d get rid of the Megan Rucas and just make sure that you have good bushings / non-bent tie rods in the rear. Don’t waste time going with RUCAS. Everyone on SON gets RUCAS for the sake of getting it, it’s all for show and tell @ car meets.

I’d just get the spl inner and outter tie rod ends for the front.

For the 180sx brakes, don’t get HP+ in the front and HPS in the rear. Get HP+ all around. When I had HP+ in the front, the brake bias to the front became really bad and I kept locking up my brakes. So HP+ all around would be better. Or even HPS all around would be good enough, I ran that for about 3 or 4 track days I believe. They held up fine. And if you don’t have an SR, the HPS will be good enough and it’s a lot cheaper too.

Don’t delete the brake booster. Tony (Sonic180sx) had 300zx brakes and I believe that his brake booster wasn’t working and it definitely made it a lot harder for him to brake. Varun also drove his car at the track and it was weird without the booster.

Stainless lines all around is a good idea. I’d also look into RBF 600 or ATE superblue.

Motorwise, it seems fine. You don’t really NEED the drive shaft but it’s nice to have. :slight_smile:

The GTR seat is a really nice seat for spirited / street driving. It doesn’t hold up too well @ the track though, but it’s definitely a lot better than a stock s13 or s14 cloth seat.

Don’t plan too far ahead. Get a good setup first and then tweak it.

One more thing, get better wheels. Get either 16 or 17 inch wheels with a wideth of at least 8".

17 inch wheels have a lot more tire sizes so I’d recommend going with 17s. Also, try to run the same size tires all around. Staggered tire and wheel setups are more for show from what I have seen.

I’m using the RUCA’s only as a way to adjust the camber back to a humane level after dropping the car.

I was waiting for someone to comment about the brakes. That’s good stuff about the bias, I was wondering if it would be too much… The high temp fluid is a definite must. If the manual brakes don’t work out, I can always put it back in…

I’m looking into wheels, but for now my 15x7’s will do.

Thanks alot as usual Mark!

Don’t ruin your whole car by going with manual brakes. Doing that is kinda like putting on a bulletproof vest and then shooting yourself in the head.

A lot of people don’t run Rucas at the track too. Just run it on stock first. You usually need some negative camber in the rear too. And if you don’t drop your car too much, you should be fine. I was running -2.0 camber in the rear the whole of last summer at the track. Car felt good.

Just start slow.