Summer Jobs

Hey guys, well its always hard for students to find summer jobs, but this year seems to be terrible for obvious reasons. Anyway, I’m finishing up my second year at Trent in business admin, and have some pretty good work experience in customer service in sales. I’m just looking for something in the east end, preferably business related but doesn’t have to be, and the wage doesn’t even matter at this point. Monday to Friday is always nice too :wink: . Anyway, if you guys have any connections lemme know ! Thanks.

Not to jack your thread, but does anyone here work at any local airports? Pearson, Buttonville, Oshawa?

It’s a really sad state these days with jobs…

Im still looking for a stable job, hopefully come spring time there will be an increase in part time before the summer and full time openings in the summer, since I’m a business student as well @ Seneca :wink:

ur best bet would be tokeep checking sites like monster.ca or workopolis.ca it is really hard to find a job right now. im currently looking my self, need money like everyone else.

pearson has hiring freee, buttonville may be shutting down… im looking for employment at airports cause i want to be a pilot! hard times

Seb i might be quiting at the airport, depends what i do this summer…ill give you a heads up…

buttonville is not closing anytime soon!

Nitrscream best to just get your CPL and gte hours up north, or get lucky and know someone here.

http://www1.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/epb/yi/yep/programs/scpp.shtml

I hire a couple students every summer at my organization. Service Canada offers good incentives for employers to hire students. You must be returning to school this fall in order to qualify for the funding.

This is a good resource for College / University students returning to school but the pay is usually only minimum wage. I can’t find the proper page but if you click around enough you’ll stumble on the Job Bank.

^^^ reason i said was becuz they said they losing alot of business, not getting much from pearson anymore. the spokesman came on the news like 2 weeks ago. but if you get anymore info keep me posted.

The recession’s hitting everyone pretty hard… I’m a full-time student with a part-time job at CT. There’s a kid going to high school who’s still getting more hours than me… The kid doesn’t even have to pay rent or insurance, while I’m here working 12 hour weeks getting financial assistance from family and still having a hard time keeping at least $100 in the bank…

If you still have a job now, I’d recommend keeping it and getting a 2nd job to offset the days you aren’t working from the other job, otherwise, you could be left jobless…

If your looking for a job BNE’s are always looking for people?

BNE’s ? whats that, pardon my ignorance.

break and enter…it a joke

LOL, now i feel stupid for asking.

And to think that I was the only one that lost their job.
Virtually nowhere is hiring atm, it’s just utter bullshit.

Even people I know working at Wal-mart are getting the boot.

Hopefully, things will start to progress by april.
I also don’t mean to thread jack, but if anyone know’s of any autoshops that are looking for a lube tech, give me a shout.
[I have to start somewhere…]

it seems as if 09 summer is gonna be shit! and if I’m not back at work real soon Ill be drink 40’s the summer.lol

I had the same problem as you guys… There are still lots of jobs out there. This link is london and area and most of you guys are T.O but use the search stuff http://www3.sympatico.ca/apuchti/jobs.html

Dam, gotta have some decent jobs around the City of Vaughan area!!

I’m searching for a summer co-op right now so I think we are all in the same struggle.

Just a note for those people look for a job in the aviation industry, their are lots of jobs as mechanics but not for pilots.

I just recently got a job working on helicopters at downsview.

good luck to all.