Summer Kick off BBQ Menu

^No potatoes are allowed across the border! sorry.

how about some clams. bbq with clams ftw

d’oh, for watkins glen then! :stuck_out_tongue: haha

http://www.mikiedees.com/PigRoast1.gif
I can’t believe nobody’s requested bacon yet. :shrug:

Zweigle’s red hots too!!

This sounds like a nightmare getting everything over the border

why not buy things like potatoes in canada?
I’m sure bing know some underground potato smuggling network that can help?

I agree, why not just go to a grocery store up there?

And Bags of milk would be nice…

It usually takes me up to two days ahead of time to preprep all of this shit… Think about cutting potatoes for 100, par boiling or frying them, then trying to make room on the grill to get them cooked… logistical nightmare!

I usually cook everything the night before the bbq, throw it in one of the fridges or freezers, then come AM i pull it all out within the safezone and pack it in ice for transport. Then it is all heated or finished cooking (chicken is 1/3 cooked ahead, potatoes are 3/4 cooked, corn is 3/4 cooked etc…) at the event.

At this point, I think that

• Burgers

• Hot dogs of different varieties

• Chicken breast (or maybe bone in… someone weigh in on this!)

• Something else… you fill in this blank

• mac salad

• Fruit salad? or oriental salad?

• something else cold

• Corn (If it is allowed)

• something else hot

I have a very special cake being made by a local specialty shop. I believe that from what she liked of the pictures i gave her, it will be something involving the OnyxSyndicate logo. She liked it better than the nyspeed one i guess. I am really not sure what she is doing, but most of her creations are Fucking amazing. Ever see that Ace of Cakes show… She is that good, and in some regards better!

Garbage Plates

/thread

PS:

maybe some bacon on the side…

^^ I was seriously thinking that… But when i had the option of them at carlisle only a few people took me up on it!

well it looks like you already have all the ingredients…all we need now are boxes instead of plates so we can toss it all together…home fries, mac salad, and 2 cheeseburger patties…ketchup/mustard…

looks like the only things missing are chopped onions, which are easy…and gotta find the recipe for that “meat sauce” they use…

i know several members that would be down…

Shit we could make our own if we want…

you are probably doing mac salad and burgers already…

need some form of fried potato and some chili sauce and its all set

What are the border regulations if potatoes are cooked already, I am pretty sure that it only applies to raw produce…

baked beans, but with a good amount of brown sugar in them haha was never a fan of bbq baked beans

That is what i was thinking on the potatoes… Maybe par cooked would be acceptable! I will make a phone call. If there are hot dogs, there will be chopped onions. I am sick of always having food left over so there will be “boxes” or take out containers. I have the original nick tahous recipe that I modify slightly to be more like todays recipe (they add more butter, and remove the allspice/nutmeg, I leave the spices in and still add the butter!)

The only problem I have is the burgers I make for normal burgers are 1/3#+ and theirs are 1/4#- I don’t want to use 2/3# of meat for each plate… I could make some smaller for just that usage.

Bone in?

Bone out?

Also those of you driving also keep in mind that certain things even in “iron” stomachs dont do terribly well in the heat on the track :wink:

Mike I’m sure whatever you decide on will be fine with me… but +1 for garbage plates!

Burgers, dogs, corn, the usual stuff works for me.

X…

mike, as stated last year, if any help is needed let me know. All sounds good btw!

:word: that pulled pork was fanfuckin’tastic!!

roast beef?