Summer START @ Dunnville Review / Pic's / Vid's / Thank You Thread!

I was happy to help out flagging, sweeping etc. and I’ll be happy to do it again in the future. All in all the first timers did pretty well aside from nobody responding properly to red flags which resulted in the red flag/checkered flag combo to get people off the track.

I’m not sure what happened to the old “mustang wagon” but aside from that it seemed like the only car failure of the day was due to driver error (mis-shift), so people did a better job prepping their cars than they have in the past. Good work!

I loved seeing Spencer out there having a blast in the Supra. He took it easy the first few sessions, but started pushing it a bit and then MPD really got him going. I was impressed when I got a ride. It handles better than I thought it would and that Racelogic traction control box works wonders.

I also enjoyed theblue and eesti out there together in the Evo and STi. They were definitely two of the fastest cars out there all day. I’m sure they’ll have a rematch with Racelogic timing at some point.

The Cup Lite car did surprisingly well considering it was the first time out on a road course. Good work Dan and crew!

The only thing I would have changed about the day was waiting in line for over an hour for food and not getting to eat until around 3pm. Nobody wants to eat lunch at 2-3pm when they’ve been up since 6-7 am. Then being told food was being rationed and I could only have one burger really didn’t help because by then I was starving and getting grumpy. I understand why they were rationing food…people were waiting forever as it was. Next time I’ll skip paying for food and bring my own, eat in town, or have pizza or something delivered from in town. Larry and his lady volunteered to slave over the grill for hours which they REALLY did not have to do. It would have been MUCH worse without them. You guys rock!

He just popped an intercooler pipe out of a coupler and the radiator fan was hitting the pipe. After walking over and saying the fan was hitting something right away I can’t believe I let someone talk me into it potentially being a/c compressor noise…I blame heat stroke. :slight_smile:

I blame poor fitment of the fmic kit on the pipe coming out because I know Newman was really careful getting those clamps tight and that kit never fits well.

why not pay a professional catering company to do the food, then it’s their ass.

Don’s Bistro is like 8 bux a head or so :wink:

ruh roh

I had a great time at the event. Thanks to everyone that helped organize and run the event. My car lasted surprisingly longer than I expected but my brakes were done at the end of the day. I think I glazed the pads or something. My powersteering also boiled over. I was driving the white 240sx Convertible btw.

My friend was driving the old “Mustang Wagon”. A bearing in the bottom end let go. There were so many shavings inside the motor and we were surprised it wasn’t making any knocking noise. Its time for a rebuild now. Too bad, that was the 3rd day his car was on the road too :(.

When’s the next scheduled event? I heard rumor the June 6th event was cancelled?

june 26th…and this one better not get cancled since i took off from work for it

I’m in for june 26th… after sitting on the sidelines… there is no way i’m gonna miss this one

I liked playing with the Supra during the first half of the day. I was hungry so I skipped the 3rd session, then I had a food coma, so I didn’t spend too much time on course in the afternoon. I would have liked to played more with those two cars. The Supra is just plain sexy, and I agree that by the end of the day he was scooting.

Next time when we’re standing at the front of the food line as it’s forming we need to jump in!

Highlights for me: Playing with MPD in the E30, the last 4 laps following theblue, and driving the SS

I think my best lap with the Racelogic was a 1:14, but in my defense it was a backwards lap and I didn’t really get to find my lines (only drove 3-4 laps in reverse). I have a feeling a few more seconds could have been shaved.
By the way, :tup: to the organizers for running it clockwise up until the last bit of the day. It allowed the first timers to run a consistent course, and get used to it. After the majority of the cars packed it up, those who wanted to could run it backwards.

micah where are all your pics, i have been waiting in anticipation

yeah just ordered HP+ pads and fluid. def tracking my car next time. kinda bummed i didnt once i got there since mike (Inn-Tune) offered me his spot. oh well. theres always next time

heres some pics i took. didn’t really take too many. was being lazy lol

That is a fantastic idea. I’m in for Dons! That way when lunch rolls around everyone can just eat.

The food was tasty, though some of the dishes were gone before half the line got food. I know TPGSR tried to cook as quick as he could. On the other hand, for 20 bucks a head (or less) it’s easy to get a great caterer to have food ready to go for everyone at a normal lunch hour.

Wow…this is almost making it sound like tpgsr failed. Just sounds a bit bad to me. I thought tpgsr did a great job, but could have done better, if he had more hands helping out.

Maybe next time, bring the food inside to the meeting lounge, load up the plates there, so the food stays hot…then go outside and eat it wherever you like. By the time i got to the food from waiting in line, I was eating cold lasagna and potatoes. Just a thought for next time!

The food was great! If the cooking would have started with 2 grills at say, 10:30 - 11:00 it would have been perfect.

I agree!!! That pasta salad was fantastic, not to mention the rest off the food was great… Cooking should have started way earlier I agree with that but from what I’m gathering it was pretty much a one man show with trying to get all the food ready… Guess maybe bring your own food next time or getting it catered would have been about the same price we paid… Just way to much work for one person…

No way man…yeah the line was long but the food was killer. The guy had one grill and one he stole to feed dozens and dozens of people. Simply organizing the line a little better would have solved 90% of the problem.

Could have timed it better with the driving groups. For example, Group A eats, Group B drives and then switch. I blame Bing for screwing that up…I don’t know why it should be Bing other than he’s Bing. Oh, and then have S1DC demo while everyone digests… perfect

Either way…awesome lunch…awesome day

I wonder how much money that one guy made from the food. $20 x $100+

thewird

I agree with every post in here on the food.

It was a ridiculous line. I didn’t want that. I told Josh we needed to break it up by run groups to expedite everything, but we didn’t do that. We had only a half of the grill running properly, so it was made even slower on that stretch.

I will post more when I can, but aside from Larry and his lady stepping up and doing an amazing job getting food into peoples hands it was all me on this.

thewird… We don’t make any money on the food. It is just a part of the budget. The rest of any moneys go back into the fund that allows us to have all of these track days. Welcome to the boards by the way, You car is pure sex!

mike did a fantastic job with what he had.

It just wasn’t properly planned out, and people lost out on alot of seat time.

The food was great, and I know that Mike busted his hump, :tup:

Just need to coordinate some. As that was really the only big downfall of the day.