super nice roll cage.....

if you want to die…
fuck me
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2542883

pics rehost? :frowning:

i can see the pics fine…

its a show cage basically

The stitch welding isnt THAT bad, and you cant tell what Gauge he used for those boxes, but its not really that great

its a fucking mess…im surprised it doesnt rattle apart…
those boxes look like sheet metal

lol shows how much i know…i thought it looked like good work

The gussett pieces are the proper thickness…

i doubt he would switch from one thickness to another…

The whole car is sheet metal… You can solid weld 1/4" plate in there and it will still tear out just beyond the weld.

The real issue is the lack of penetration…

why wouldnt be butt the gussets flush to the tube…thats a big air gap for fake ass tig welds…
id wear a helmet at all times in this car

You pretty much should in any car with a cage.

yeha so you dont bang your head of the cage…
not incase the a piece of the cage flys off gives you fas…

the only issues i see are the side bars not being regulation height and the spot welds on the plates. pretty much looks like a “show” cage.

That’s what she said.

Shows how much I know about cages and welding too. I thought it looked alright.

its not tooo bad. should have done full penetration welds and no stupid boxes for the main hoop.

looks 3 times better than the shit i’ve seen on the streets and at shows recently.

Not bad… cosmetically. In the case of an accident, I think the force of impact would knock that cage loose.

:uhh: :bloated:

that welding is useless

I like how the OP examines the welds so closely. He probably thought they were great and wanted to show them off.

welds are junk, those boxes he has welded to the floor and the main hoop are garbage plus the tube that goes from the main hoop to the front floor are too low/dont offer very much protection. The plates he built for the rear shock towers are marginal at best.

Seen better.

fine for a daily. fails any real inspection.

Concave + Incomplete Fusion + Holy mother fucking crater city = … I don’t even know…

I mean it will hold for sure… But… not something I would rely on imo.
At least he had the brights to brush it off before he took the pictures.
Because it should’ve been all black and nasty as fuck (nastier as fuck) if he didn’t.
Unless he used one of those great gas less mig welders from harbor freight or similar

It does look good though, unless you know what to look for.
Then it fucking blows -.-

In the post it says his mechanic got a new tig welder…
uhm… yeah.