Superbike VS Supercar

Some more of these types of videos.

Always start a good debate.

[U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfy1VO4ePlA&feature=fvst

[/U]Jclark is going to love this

Cars rule.

You know you wish you started out on bikes and got into racing on 2 wheels :tongue

Lighter is better, I think bikes win in that category.

Laptimes/speed are better, cars win in that category.

If there was a good place to race bikes around here, I’d be racing bikes too.

Cheaper and easier to transport/maintain/race/buy/modify/insure and more.

You can justify to travel a little bit further each race.

Not days off of work to travel 10-20 hours for a decent track/race.

I’ll start researching again when I move. I cant give up cars completely. Lateral and braking g’s > all.

I wouldnt say its cheaper to insure a 600cc+ Race bike than it is a car. I got a quote for a gsxr600 and it was almost $2000 every 6 months!!

Have you gotten an insurance quote on full coverage with an appraised value of $25K + car that actually covers timed events?

Plus I have a feeling you didn’t have any prior riding experience to put down, and you didn’t shop around either.

New riders are expected to pay ~1000$ a year.

Every ins co ive talked to has said ANY damage done at any race track will not be covered by them(side note, saw a guy in a viper hit the wall at LVD in 3rd…ouch$$$). I didnt do a ton of calling around for quotes, but got about 3 ins co’s and said fuck it.

powersliding and dragging knee > all

Like you didn’t know I was going to hop in on this discussion. :slight_smile:

What took you so long? :hug

Most insurance’s would cover track days. IE non timed events when no trophy’s are involved.

However getting actual racing coverage is more tricky.

LOL

You guys are talking like I’d actually insure whatever race bike I got. Or drive it anywhere near a road.

My freaking CAR isnt insured.

Good to know

wow that car was ugly as shit but it handled like no other.

You thought it was ugly?

Gtfo :eek3

It’s not “pretty” by any standards but neither is an Atom or Radical or even Trex, they all have their beauty in the aspect of being a novelty.

it looked like a shrinked up Prowler to me.

Trex is sick.

Storage, transport, and paddock insurance. :wink: Just no road insurance for obvious reasons.