SuperCharging a Northstar

Like any power adder, N2O will expose any other weak links in the motor or drivetrain. But not any more then a supercharger or turbo will. Ther are more cars on this board that have blown up from turbos than have blown up from N2O. As long as its used properly and everything else is up to snuff (ie. fuel pump, injectors, etc) nitrous is a good cheap way to make reliable HP. Its esesntially no better or worse for your motor than a turbo or blower, but it is a hell of alot cheaper.

Thats true.
So go right ahead and throw that 250 shot in the car.:wink:

:fyi:

the motor in the actual STS-V’s is a roots-style supercharged northstar:

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/08/stsv06_engine.jpg

http://www.autoweek.com/files/weekart/2005/0110/0110stsv_engine.jpg

however, I gotta go with these guys right now, N2O will be the cheapest, easiest, and least intrusive way to bump the car’s go-power up. plus, you can always pull the system out and reuse it with minimal modifications in another car if you sell the caddy - you won’t lose that part of your “investment.”

plus plus, the car will only be needed to be modified slightly to accept the juice, which means it’s easier to convert back to stock if you sell - especially to a blue hair.

Ok. wed like to do 2 small turbos and NOS, who does this , i called Innovative today and didnt realize they are only imports. We need some guidance please

Sounds like the two of you are in over your heads. :bloated:

well, we may be, but Treads has a decent supply of mooolah

Well, if NOS is the cheapest thing to do, and you guys say my engine wont blow, sounds like the plan to me, now my question about that is, how do the shots work? or how do i know how much to shoot in?

keep upping the jet size till something breaks, then go down a size so that you dont break anything

like the saying goes, a tourist gets on a bus intending to go to the museum, but doesnt know which stop to get off att, so he asks a local whos opn the bus "excuse me, what stop is the museum?’

the local respond with, i dont know the name of the stop, but it sthe one right before mine, so just watch where i get off, and get off one stop b4 i do"

:slight_smile:

lets not break a 9000 dollar motor now

more like 1100 …

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-2004-Cadillac-Sevelle-Northstar-4-6-V-8_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33615QQitemZ8027217325QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

if you turbo it, the mods are going to be worth more then the engine, lol

oh well…that is very interesting…runs and buys extra engine

I found some “real” performance for a N*.
I remember back in my SHO days, I would drool over the thought of the SHO engines this company sells.
They also work over NorthStar engines.
http://www.extremeperformance1.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=7

Take a look at the number they get out of the SHO engine.

Very expensive, but that is installed and tuned.

i really think ur biting of way mmore then u can crew with the turbo set up. just stick with sum spray, 100 shot once in awhile and dont get crazy with it and ull be fine for a long while.

I agree with the others about using nitrous. That will be the easiest way to add noticeable power. Just make sure you get it properly tuned.

How much faster do you want to go?

just need to be able to rape more people in random street races

That guy was very expensive, i was lookin at nos today. i found that ZEX makes the best system for us, a DRY system for a 8 cylinder EFI for $509. it said a 2 hour install, but im assuming thats if you know what your doing. Plus it would be cool to have a remote bottle on/off and a hidden switch to make it all stealthy.

Does anyone have exp with this system? I also looked at the Pro fogger kits, but they are more $$$$. We are going to need some help installing this, anyone who can help that would be greatly appreciated. I am unaware if their are shops that can do this. Does Hybrid Do this?. Thanks advace

Yeah, i woulden’t say were biting off to much. We just want to consult all of youss and know whats going on, how long this will take? god knows, but the help from all of you is greatly appreciated. But we are trying to find the best approach on how i can go vroomm vroom