supercharging question

ok i drive a 02 sentra… its bone stock until the spring when i put my header,downpipe , and catback on and my cai …

now i want supercharge. i know they sell those universal kits for like 2000… and before u guys say its noit worht it or stuff like that… i dont care if its not woth it or not.

i just want to know if this can be done a stock engine… i asked a sentra board and they wont give me a straight answer…

so is this possible

Im sure its possible just run low boost.

ya that what i thought like 5psi?

anybody else got input

gah. yes you can probably run 5psi on that application… however, what the fuck is a universal supercharger? Do you realize the extent of the work involved? If you’re doing it yourself, you’re probably looking at nearly another grand. if you’re paying someone to do it, figure 5-6 grand all said and done…

better idea would be sr20det out of a FWD (bluebird?) or something.

Anythings possible…

Yes, of course it can be done.

Not knowing much about these universal kits… but I will go out on a limb and say… you will probably spend 2x what you paid for the supercharger in trying to get this custom install to work.

If time = money to you, make that 3x… and if personal anguish and headaches = money to you… figure 10x.

If it is a setup designed FOR the sentra… then it probably wouldn’t be too bad. famous last words :slight_smile:

QG18 or QR25?

There is a lot of skilled work needed to do a custom install. Of course, it is “possible”.

not to mention fuel and tuning

swap a vq35 call it a day or even the spec-v motor if u dont have it already

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=438652&page=3&highlight=vq35+sentra

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=466786&highlight=vq35+sentra

the guy that did it sells a kit for the swap

anything can be done with time and money. now i dont knwo much about sentras but if i can supercharge a saturn u can definately supercharge a sentra.

the SC will probably get rid of your a/c or something on your acessory belt or else u will ahve to make a custom mount for the supercharger and get a bigger belt but like i said i dont know sentras im just guessing

this is the one i was looking at

http://www.andysautosport.com/nissan/2000_2003_sentra/performance/turbos_and_superchargers/supercharger_kits/vortech/vort00092699.html

yea then u will need to custom make a brakcet…piping…fuel…VQ35 swap > that

You should be good to go IMO… I’m sure Vortech makes a kit for the sentras (Which is the same for probably 99% of the cars out there, just with different brackets/belts and such).

Does a supercharger kit come with everything you need? Or is there a pre-condition my vehicle needs to meet in order to be able to handle a supercharger kit?

When purchasing a supercharger setup they are vehicle specific which means it will come with everything needed for a direct bolt-on. If you’re looking to up the boost past the stock 6 to 8 psi that it comes with stock other modifications will need to be made.

not a bad price IMO… plus the centrifigul blowers make some good midrange-upper power

andysautosport is a worthless site. a reqal vortech supercharger KIT costs like 5k, for any car. $1800 is more like what the headunit alone sells for

andys simply lists every possible part for every possible car, weather they actualy make them or not

actually… looking on google, I can’t find shit about any kind of supercharger for a sentra. heh, figures… Maybe they figured that only .01% of the nissan owning population would even consider it, so they just didnt bother? (most import owners seem to have that mentality that SC’s belong on dumbestics and Turbo’s Y0 for the importzzzz)

even when the maxima SC kit was out Stillen made the bracket an piping…Vortech supplied the blower, inline fuel pump and FMU

aiight im just gonna abondon this idea … it seems there is not enough info to do this and not blow up my car…

Even if it were a kit… it would still be a headache. rofl. Good choice… stock 4L

Yes!!! A n00b with sense!!! Every thread I’ve read like this was some dumbass kid completely defiant to good advice.

Now back on topic:

If you have a non-SER, a couple years ago Michael Hall (Chimmike on nissanforums) had a real nice QG18 turbo kit available, complete with fuel management. He was knocking on the door of 200whp reliably. I can only imagine that it’s better now.

If you’ve got an SE-R, then the QR25 has all motor potential if you don’t want to go turbo. But it breaks a lot so good luck.