Cavalier Supercharger

Gustav hasnt been here in a while but now hes back. I got a standard 2.4 liter 99 cavalier z24 and in march I get $2,000. I’m driving it until march and if I can find a turbo talon im buying that but if I cant then I want to supercharge the cavalier. I dont know how to look for superchargers for cavaliers so if someone could tell me what i need (like engine codes or whatever) to find a supercharger, or if they even make them for cavaliers it would be great.

I know I should replace the header if I supercharge it.

I only want to spend like $800 on a supercharger.

sell the crapalear. buy a talon. mod that.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7389

Roger that. : )

haha, a $800 supercharger? you’d be lucky to find one for that price for the 2.4 USED.

i’d buy 2 SC’s if i could find them at that price. Hell… $7K for a SC on my car.

look on eBay…there’s a couple there, currently under a grand. or you could get a sweet electric supercharger off eBay for only $80.

i find it humorous that the king of DIY’s is quoting the price of a kit … especialy considering you would remake half the kit in CF anyways

the cavalier s/c goes for like 2k thru gm

gm supercharger is the way to go. theres a few things you have to update to the 2000+ 2.4. superchargers are nice on cavys.

supercharging a cavy on an $800 budget = :tdown:

not trying to be an ass when i say this but its one of those things that you could do if you know what your boing, but if you have to ASK …

requires buying a used S/C unit, then fabing all the brackets and pipes ect …

i know a guy who put a supercoupe supercharger on a 3.0L lebaron convertible … runs decently quick for the weight of the car …

in all honesty. if you consider future potential and overall reliability, the 2.4L are not the way to go. and this is coming from a chevy guy. if you have the option of getting a turbo talon gopher it as long as it’s a decent price.

but an $800 budget for a supercharger on just about any car is ridiculous unless the engine came with a supercharger on another model or something.

god luck,

jbody.org they have lots of people there turboing the 2.4 engines several companies have kits for the 2.4 and the 2.2 pushrod engine !! i did a hombuilt turbo setup on my 97 cavalier 2.2 i recomend turbo over supercharger fo sure

i ogt a feeling hes not serious

well if his 2.4 is anything like the newer 171hp 2.4 a supercharger wouldn’t be too bad of an option. Check out either gmpartsdirect.com or crateenginedepot.com they both sell genuine gm parts. I would imagine it would be something along the lines of the eaton m62 which is on my car. hope this info is somewhat helpful.

nope, his 2.4 has head gasket issues and a supercharger isnt the best idea. also i dunno about the new ecotec 2.4 but iam pretty sure thats a high compression motor i dont see a sc on that as a good idea then

It’s not as easy as bolting on a supercharger and going. You’re going to have to adjust your fuel system as well. Depending on what you need, you might be spending well over $800 in just that, plus you’ll need someone to tune it for you.

Also, you better have another reliable car to drive around in, because i’m sure you’re going to reduce the cavalier’s reliability by A LOT.

i’d wait around til i found a used engine from a wrecked cobalt SS on eBay or something and go from there, if you’re really bent on this idea

GM sells a supercharger for the old 2.4 and it comes with a reflash for the ecu

edit, but thats way over the $800 mark

The complete GM Performance Eaton kit that comes with injectors, spark plugs, all the bracketry, hardware etc. is over 3 grand.

A friend that knows kind of a lot about cars told me I could find a pretty good used supercharger for around $800 on ebay or something but couldnt find what type I would need for the engine. And all he said I’d need to change is the header and I should be fine.

But the only reason i asked is because I couldnt find talons close to me when I wanted one last summer but now I’ll be looking outside of NY so I should be able to fnd a talon.

If a supercharger for this car will cost more than a grand then I dont want it and I’ll just buy a good car.

If a supercharger for this car will cost more than a grand then I dont want it and I’ll just buy a good car.
well that your answer get a different car

A friend that knows kind of a lot about cars told me I could find a pretty good used supercharger for around $800 on ebay
sure you can but just for the head unit its like just buying a piston its just one pice to the puzzle