suspension help????

I love my Kei Office coils… but yeah unfortunately when they are due I will have to buy something else since I can’t get them rebuilt anymore :frowning:

Try Tein coilovers, they will let you slam your car depending on wich ones you get.

Yeah My kei’s ride nice and firm. Mine are basically brand new and they shouldnt go anytime soon.

yee am looking into tein flex full sus. hopeing for the grab next yr, for now any coils will do :slight_smile:

I’m down with cusco. Very well made product, proven on the track. Cusco 02-Rs are the same dampers many cars in JGTC run (given they have alot of supporting hardware as well). Inverted monotube so they’re solid and can take a beating.

Ahmed, coilovers dont necessarily mean they’re for drifters only. you really shouldnt keep isolating Stances and other JDM products as “off the shelf”. Alot of time and research go into Cusco products, which is why they’re extremely expensive; because of all the R&D. I really wish you wouldnt generalize.

A coilover is just what it sounds like literally, what I made is a coilover too but people don’t get it because they expect CNC’d pretty shiny parts. What I was emphasizing is the dampers inside. That’s the most important item. Most are valved ridiculously for drifting and include heavy springrates (to slide not bite)… To really know what you’re getting should do some research and not just go after brand names because someone told you or I so. People have this brand-fetish… and yes, since 240s are mostly known for drifting, people go for the well known brands used by drifters, not realizing what they’re getting themselves other than it’s cool.

Off the shelf stuff is not JGTC stuff, each category of driving has a different setup, different valving, spring rates, and intended purpose, road, etc… Most of the japanese stuff sold to you and I is also made in outsourced places which suck ass for quality (china, taiwan, etc… no offense to my chinese and taiwanese people).

I mean i don’t want to sidetrack this discussion any further, I could post pictures to explain what I mean… but… people think ‘coilover’ and automatically think something pretty with 2.5" springs or what have you, thick cnc’d construction out of some fancy material, adjusters, preload adjusters, pillowball camber plates and think THATS what is a coilover and THATS what I need, beyond further thinking.

I mean bings had a while ago a ‘coilover’ setup for 400$ bux… everyone knew it was shit lol but hey 400 bux coilover yo! haha :slight_smile: You get my point?

Now with the brand-wars, and drift-spec popularity, it’s like what I said. People would buy advil (brand name) rather than ibuprofen (genetic name). Yet they could save more than 50% of their money and get the same thing.

The way I looked at the 240 was never as a ‘drift car’… I mean what kind of car is BORN to be for sliding, that’s non-sense, is has to do with some sort of weakness in suspension tuning to make a car slide and not grip… a car is meant to follow a road not slide around… so yeah not to drag on… I know the drift-scene, duh, after all I own a 240… but the way I looked at my car was… I bought it cheap, I wanted to improve it. I couldn’t afford some other shmancy brand name like bmw 3 series or what have you, so I got this and did my research. My goal is to improve the car’s performance, and that’s all I’m trying to transcend into people.

Just because ‘everyone’ is into drifting (somehow) doesn’t mean every joe n harry that is a newb has to automatically be brainwashed into drifting lol. I mean seriously… do you guys drift on the street? Quite impractical.

sure u used good shocks for you setup

but how well do u think they preform after u welded on those brackets

heat + gas filled shock= gas expansion or blown shocks

What are you smoking.

rims look good on the car man…
rogerthat240 please stop talkn out ur ass megan and stance arent all about drifting. the only problem i have with u, is u think you know it all. u seem to be a decent guy and all. just stop talking…

lol I love this thread:

http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/s13-240sx-89-94/5418-best-coilovers.html

Well, I don’t really have anything to input into this topic, BUT, are you going to be selling those coils and springs? If they are in good condition I would be interested.

^^^another pointless post.
can we limit him to so many posts a day???

Ahmed hates drifters like Hitler hates Jews.

Mark likes to post alot and says I post alot.

what i mean is

if your shocks are gas filled. gas expands with heat

so when u welded the brackets. the gas will expand, ALOT

you may have blown the seals

I guess you may do that, but that’s not how it’s done.

This is how it’s done with an oem housing.

http://nissanroadracing.com/files/images/CIMG0331.preview.jpg
http://nissanroadracing.com/files/images/CIMG0332.preview.jpg
http://nissanroadracing.com/files/images/CIMG0452.preview.jpg

My precccciousssssss

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3172/2843468150_32e84e0bd4.jpg

Too much effort.

Buy coils.

Done.

Spend more time on washing/rinsing/wax on/wax off. =D