Sv650-R

So a member on here has convinced me to get an sv650… Well as reluctant as I was I wanted another “rocket” so I found a guy to trade me straight up for my Honda shadow vt1100, so I got a 01 sv650s bed liner paint job and set up for the track full high mount race micron exhaust busa rear shock race tech front springs and emulators, rear sets, woodcraft case covers , r6 throttle tube, k&n filter, jetted, and other mods I have likely forgotten, but my only issue with it well two it’s carbed and it’s ugly as sin, but the good thing is that the 1gen Sv has a tubliar frame! So I left it alone for a few months as I needed a bike to ride for myrtle beach bike week, and then the chopping commenced! Haha here are a few pics

Day I got it

Today cut up the stock subframe and put the 06 Gsxr passenger seat frame on

Now on to mocking up the plastics

Seat and plastics mounted

Well that’s all for now
I have a set of 05 Gsxr 1000 forks just missing the wheel not really looking to pay 300+ for one either
I have an 06 Gsxr 600 rear wheel that is a bit wider and I can toss the 160 rear and put on the wider 190
And I have the buell xb9 headlight assembly on order so this is what I’m hoping the end result will be

Awesome!!! Im excited to see the progress with this.

Thanks! Lots of progress in the last 5 hours need to order the new 520 chain and a Gsxr sprocket

Looking good. Can’t wait till front end is on and frame is painted.

Powder coated :x

Most likely you will need to change the front spring and revalve, unless it is already done with your weight. Even for casual street riding, SV’s front end is just too f’d up…

It already was done race tech springs and emulators and a heavier oil but I’ll be putting a whole 05 gsxr 1000 fork set up on it anyway

good work so far! Def gonna be a sick unique bike!!

If the forks are build to rider spec and done right, it will beat the stock gixxer forks hands down. This looks like a race/track bike converted back to street trim.

Have fun man! Very exciting!

Yea it was a track bike every bolt is safety wired the biked was done right im going to send out my gsxr forks to get redone before they go on the bike I wanna make sure they are straight and have them set up for the track

This is what the previous owner did to it
2001 SVS: Racetech front fork internals, Busa rear shock w homemade dogbones, SS lines, RosMoto Rearsets, Micron full race exh, K&N, jetted, double bubble screen, 2WJ front fender, Burst undertail, OEM seat cowl, Eurobikes lowers, R6 tube, clear tail lens with LEDs, spray-on bed liner paint job, GSXR kickstand, Ohlins damper, lots of safety wire…

Yeah, he’s got a very good deal on it.

Me and him are getting read end parts send out to switch to Gsxr rear wheel as well.

Look what showed up!!!

Update

Nice!!

Looking real good.

thing looks sic

Thanks its coming along great Still have a few more things to order before I can put a whole mock up together then brake it down and paint it all

Need more pics.

Don’t forget about the other sv either :ninja

i like where this is going