Sv650-R

dirts wetsand and buff out. How many coats of clear did ya put on? what kind of base and clear did ya use?

for “show quality” paint work… I always shoot atleast 3-5 coats of clear. Anything past 3 coats and you have to pay attention to your flash times to avoid sags, drips and runs because that much build up will have a considerable weight to it. When I was learning I shot a part with 5 coats, I walked away after cleaning the gun saying “DAYUM that came out PERFECT” an hr later I come back and sag city! it slloooowwwwly will run with gravity as it sets up.

If you get a dirt in your 1st coat, you can bury it in #2 and #3 and not end up with a horseshoe pucker when your wetsanding and buffing. Usually the worst dirts will fall into your wet 2nd coat. If ya leave them and try to sand them out, you will burn through very easy if you try to sand out the horseshoe from the dirt then buff it. Just not enough material on there.

If you shoot 3,4 even 5 coats correctly with no sags when its cured you are golden. Even if you got a big dirt in coat 1 or two, you will never even hit it sanding it out, you will just level off the upper coats of clear. Even if you get dirt in coat 3,4,5… there is so much clear left bellow it that you can sand clear through the horseshoe around the dirt, and even the dirt right out itself, and still have plenty of clear left under it to not burn through… and like I said early first or second coat dirt’s you will have already leveled off so they are taken care of.

a few coats of ppg clear and i forget what the base coat was but it was ford tuxedo black its got a baller metallic in it you hsould def look into that color for custom blacks

pics always help.

http://shift518.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5407&stc=1&d=1359139578

Clear will climb up a dirt like capillary action, so it will undercut the clear at the base of the dirt, VS the rest of the clean surface next to the dirt. The key to wetsanding and buffing is sanding off JUST enough of the clear around the dirt to get juuuust past the undercut around the dirt. Hopefully leaving enough clear under that work that you can buff (more or less melting the clear) out the sanding scratches. 2000grit is the bare min for colors that wont show scratches. 2500-3K is what i sand to prior to buffing.

Nice!

Looking good!

thanks bro im really digging it alot ive still got the belly pan to mount and a few other things like the scotts steering dampener for the top triple, so i can move the head light and fly screen in closer to the forks, i have just a stock gsxr dampener on there now and its in the way

If I ever get a sport bike, it will pry either be an SV or Buell

they are fun, dont get me wrong i love everything about an inline 4 but the sound and torque of the vtwin is just awesome! i dont have to go 100mph to have fun with a vtwin

I know exactly what you mean

Put the damn chin fairing on.

Bike looks great man! Where did you get the buell light from ? the light on my stunt bike blows and im looking to upgrade.

thanks! right from the dealer Brunswick Harley

Did Vlad ever run that angle finder to you so you guys could determine the rest angle of the swingarm for me…:slight_smile:

10 Degrees on 2nd gens. 160 or 180 wheel.

What did you cost ya if you dont mind me asking ?

I don’t remember 100% but it was cheaper then buying the aztec8 set up