switched the kade 2 synthetic now it burns oil

switched the kade 2 synthetic now it burns oil and it never burnt anything before, still has lots of power and good econemy so the rings are good so i’m thinking it’s the valve stems. gotta do an oil change soon wondering if that lucas synthetic oil treatment will help or a thicker oil will to. just wanna know if any1 else has had this problem and what they did

its usually a bad idea to switch over to synthetic on a higher mileage engine that has only used conventional oil before. Synthetic cleans the engine a lot better, so any carbon or sludge that had built up is now getting cleaned out. small leaks might start to appear, or like in your case some oil could be burned now that the sludge is gone that used to seal off the small leak.

why synthetic

i use gtx in my sr and i beat the living shit out of it

3000k goes by not a drop gone

i swapped mine to synthetic thing she has 240 or 260 on her. blew the front crank seal. dosn’t burn or anything though. she’s clean as can be inside now.

if you have your heart desired on going syntetic…work it in gradually.

you use 10w30 usually. go 5w30 semi syn. then run engine on 5w20 for a week drain it again and fill her with synthetic. i never ever had a problem swapping to and/or back.

and like peter said…every 3000k, well 4000k for me. i change it. extreme conditions a lot less then 3000k

^^^^ yaa same worked great castrol gtx is amazing but they had mobil1 on sale for $14.00 and for lack of better judgement through the “shit” in, the engine was MINT before. wanna switch back to conventional but gotta do a full flush and i think the chemicals in the flush would make things worse, which is also why i’m having issues with using the oil treatments. the last thing i want to do is compound the problem.

^^^ yaa i didn’t do the gradual switch just straight form conventional stuff to syntentic

fuck it i’ll just pour in some oil treatment

stay away from that oil treatment!!! thats whats causing you to burn oil. im not 100% sure on your case though. but on mine when i put the oil treatment i started burning oil. the lucas oil treatment makes the oil so much thinner.

get another motor soon, maybe? lol

maybe if u didnt drift as much …

^^ that’s impossible lol . . . . yaaa was thinking the same bought oil treaments don’t know if they make the oil thiner cause that shit is thick. fucken lost as to what to do i might just stick with the syntentic and burning it till the summer and then do a FULL flush and go back to good ole castor gtx, the engine is still mint aside from it buring oil get good econemy, power and all what to do