Switching from Auto to manual KA24

How much work is this to do ? and how hard is it to get a transmission?

im thinking about doing it soon as i realise how crappy it is to have an automatic lol
so any info about a swap would be apericated please

thanks

oh man i didnt realise the unfortunatness ur situation, brown interior and u wanna go 5 spd…

in all honesty its not that hard, dropping the automatic tranny is probably harder what your going to need is this

manual drive shaft
transmission
shifter
clutch slave and master cylinders
clutch pedal
brake pedal

and ur going to have to mount the cluth pedal urself and run some clutch master lines, its not that hard, probably 5 or 6 hours work if u know what ur doing, and ur doing it without a hoist. If u have a hoist it could probably take 3 or 4 hours…theres alot work in just the clutch master and running lines

it is well worth the time, while the transmission is out of the car, get a new clutch stage 2 or something a bit stronger with a better pressure plate

are u still thinking of going sr? cause if u are then just wait for ur SR and dont bother with this its a waste of time/money, unless ur not going sr ever

Thanks rob…this is not for sure yet becasue i still have thoughts of going SR i just watned to see what was involved in swaping the KA trans from the auto

im just in the decideing part right now of what i want to do with my engine and car just seeing what was nivolved if i went this route

Think of it thisway, and keep inmind I am unsure of your mechanical abilities.

If SR is currently out of budget, then a worthwhile upgrade is still to change your auto transmission to manual.

Parts will probably run you about $500 and so will labour, so your looking roughly at about $1000 to change everything over and not only are you going to have an increase of power, but you will also dramatically increase the fun factor of the car. If you decide to convert your automatic 240 to a manual SR you will still need all the manual transmission parts + the SR + the installation which will average about $4,500 - $5000 with all the parts & labour that will be required to complete the setup.

So for 80% less then the cost of an SR swap, you will still get more power & more fun from your car.

The parts you will require to convert your transmission to manual is pretty much the same minus the transmission & computer itself (being either the KA or the SR trans).

Here is the list:

-> Transmission (KA or SR depending on engine)
-> Manual transmission computer (KA or SR depending on engine)
-> Manual Transmission driveshaft from any 240SX/180SX/Silvia with a 5-speed manual transmission
-> Manual Trans Pedal Assembly
-> Clutch Assembly
-> Hydraulic Master Cylinder, Slave Cylinder & Hydraulic Lines
-> Manual Trans Shifter & Shift Bezel

I currently have all the parts required in stock for the manual transmission swap for either a KA or SR, so if you either want the job done or would like more information, feel free to contact me at the number listed below or via PM.

In any event, goodluck with the project

actually if ur going KA manual, then u dont need the computer…it is in ur best interest to keep this computer because the auto’s speed limiter is higher than the manuals

oh and one more thing you need the lower harness