t-mobile ftl

So i just got a plan in august of 07. and i am on my 3rd phone which just broke AGAIN. Apparently the phone has “physical damage” even though there is no “physical” crack in the screen.

the first time my phone broke, the screen was displaying backwards, upside down and glitched.

so they sent me a new phone and the right arrow, down arrow and the green telephone (callout button) didnt work at all.

so i got this new phone (my current phone) about 2weeks ago.

i text someone, put my phone in my pocket, and they reply like a few minutes later and i slide it open and the screen is yellow on the top half and glitched/see through on the lower half.

i didnt sit on it, drop it, step on it, get dust in it or anything i just took it out of my pocket.

now they are telling me i have to pay full price for a new phone because its “physical”. While im still sitting here paying 55$ a month for a phone i cant even use. its 179$+tax for this pile of shit i have now (samsung blast) and its one of the cheapest ones they have. i wanted to get a sidekick but they are like 299$ or 399 or something.

so basically im wondering if i should threaten to cancel and if i still dont get a new phone just drop the plan and switch to verizon or something. the coverage on tmobile fuckin sucks anyways, i dont get a signal on the 1st floor of any 3story building or the 2nd floor and my phone will randomly drop signal for like 5min every hour. my dad lives on lake erie and im usually there every other weekend and my phone gets absouletly no signal at all.

does anyone know of a phone company that works near the lake? he lives right on the beach so maybe its just too close to canada. (i always pick up rogers).

anyone have any ideas?

and if you were thinking about a samsung blast or any slide phone for that matter stay away they are pieces of shit.

I’m selling a sidekick :wink:

Verizon coverage rocks around here.

what model?

sidekick iD

I’ll sell you my sidekick 3.
Screen has some scuffs, but it works fine.

I never have a problem with AT&T

Plus, way better phones than Verizon.

yeah i had it when it was cingular, always got great coverage. but i only have 300min on my plan and i basically only make calls tmobile to tmobile and the people on my fav5, everyone else is basically text, which is why i want a phone with a keyboard like a sidekick

I have 450 min that i never use so rollover FTW.
Unlimited texting for +$20 and I have a ATT tilt with a keyboard and way more features than the iphone. just not as sexy

I’ve had t-mobile for like 3 years here and no problems…

get an Unlocked Iphone for Tmobile. You will love it.

get any unlocked phone and you will love it. Tmobile doesnt use 850 either so you can get leet euro phones.

Yep…damn right!!

do you live on the lake erie shoreline?

I remember the good old days of having to go outside to make a phone call. Nice to see they haven’t developed their network much in 4 years. When I was on T Mobile I got a better signal on the west coast of Africa than I did in West Seneca.

Switch to Verizon, or AT&T if the phone is more important to you than the best service.

How is your plan other than the crappy phones. I have a SLVR that is a GSM phone (from Afghanistan) and I thought about putting a t-mobile sim in it and just keeping a few bucks on it for emergencies.

AT&T has closed the gap in service. In WNY, their dead spots may be in different places, but are at least a wash.

Yeah I guess that’s what I’ve been hearing, that Verizon isn’t necessarily the hands down coverage king anymore. Pretty much the only reason I won’t switch to AT&T (since I would love world-phone capability and cooler phones) is because all my friends/family are on Verizon and I get a lot of mileage out of unlimited mobile-mobile.

Do any of you GSM guys get bothered when your phone interferes with other electronics?

I cant stant it when someone at work has a ATT BB nearby and my phone goes bonkers.

The buzz on speakers nearby is kind of annoying, but I kind of like it once i got used to it. I get advance warning if im getting a call or text.