tachometer....

hey guys…i am in need of a little bit of help please and thank you…

my problem is…i just wired up a weapon x 60mm tach in my 240 and i hooked it into the yellow and red wire on the ecu…and now when the rpms on the stock tach are at 2000rpms the aftermarket tach is at 1000rpms…

what did i hook up wrong??..
is there somewhere else i should be tapping into.,…

let me know asap please and thank you it would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Do you have the instrustions for it? There will be a way to calibrate it for different engines (4, 6, 8 cylinder). Look around for switches on the gauge or see if you can fond any info online on how to calibrate it.

Why do you need two tachs?

yeah i have the numbers for 4 6 and 8…lol i didnt know what those were for…it didnt come with instruction cause i got it from a buddy…

and i got the tach because it oes with my smoked face gauge theme…more for show right now untll i get enough go lol…its not a monster 5 inch tach or anything its just a 60mm that im putting on my pillar

im gonna try to look for info on how to calibrate it online but i dont know if ill be able to find anything ause there doesnt seem to be too much info anout the weapon x gauges for some reason

it’s a calibration error. Once you get the instructions it’ll be fine.

well ive been looking around for info on calibration but havent found anything yet…how are other tachs usually calibrated??

why do you need 2 tachs?

your stock one works fine…

That’s not the point man.

I think having an aftermarket tach is fucking gay, but the dude just asked how to fix the one he has…not for my opinion, lolzzzzzz…

Anyways, dude…look for any sort of switch, adjustment screw…if there is none, you may have to take a resistor out or add a resistor into the circuit somwhere.

figured it out thanks for the info guys…and as for having an aftermarket tach…it was free so i grabbed it and the rest f my gauges are smoked face gauges and it matches the rest and i needed one more to fill the pillar