Talk me out of 2 iPhone4s today...

I’m not so sure now. No flash was a Job’s ego thing and he’s stepping aside. Adobe just released a huge update in Flash 10.2 to address Apple’s big complaint about Flash video being such a CPU hog.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-20031167-264.html

Battery hog too on some machines. If I am using flash on my MBAir it kills my battery life by like 75% so aparently this update helps by offloading some processing to the GPU.

It offloads almost all of it. 1-15% cpu usage while playing 1080p full screen video is what I read.

Thats pretty sweet. I will need to check this out when I get home.

Yeah, I heard about that 10.2 flash update… 10.1 beta was a HUGE update for me, it allowed my MBP to play 4K youtube without cooking the CPU. It also added an honest 1hr+ of battery life to web surfing. I usually have 10-20 tabs open at all times, ONE of them has a flash ad or two that kills battery life. Its terrible how inefficient Flash was, its nice they decided to address that.

If they make it so it does not suck, I could possibly see Apple adopting it, but it will likely be a slow process.

I vote they will allow OSX to run on a PC before that ever happens. LOL

Lack of flash support is the main reason I’m considering an android phone next.

There are browsers out there that allow flash on the iPhone. Skyfire or something. I have it but haven’t felt the need to use it

I hear ya Jack. I’m looking for Apple to adopt flash as a standard feature for the iPhone.

I’m trying to break the shit out of mine… but I’m finding that most of the crap isn’t compatible with 4.2 … still researching.

ctorrent, mediafinder, etc…