taxes, gas, nys budget

there is what 40 - 50 cents per gallon tax on gas.
Call it 50 cents, and figure the average person gets around 6 gallons when they stop for gas.

so thats 3.00$ per person to nystate. x that by 6 million people driving.

Where is the 18 million per day going? Even if its not per day, we can safely say its 60 million a week. A WEEK

food for thought.

Charlie Sheens hookers & coke.

Touche.

think about how much money it takes to keep NYC moving.

thats where its all going. nys would be so much better off if nyc was its own state, but nyc would have no chance at all. think nyc is in the shitter now, just imagine how bad it would be if they didnt get all that money from us.

and the economy is only going to get worse. we’re all fucked. ive opted to consolidate the toys a bit and will have the car paid off this summer. also opted to not renew my CC and pulling my stocks out of the market, even though i still profited when it all went down.

yeah Im with the toy consolidation. Which is why I decided to sell the mustang and keep the s10.

Who gets 6 gallons of gas?

I normally stop and throw 20$ randomly

Rich people :frowning: lol

I’m an E->F kinda guy, even the honda’s taking over $60 to fill… FML.

touche

when the economy doesn’t suck NYC actually is a net tax profit because of all the taxes on wall st.

Same here…mainly due to laziness. almost at around $60 for my Subaru

wow, how about using … um… facts… all of this shit is dated and presumably higher today,

8,232,330 registered automobiles in NYS.
http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policy/ohim/hs03/htm/mv1.htm

12,334 miles per year. (or by using the magic of maths = 237 mile/ week)

Average fuel economy 20.8

=11.4 gallons a week

I would agree that tax is at least .50 per gallon; an extremely dated tax info site : http://www.gaspricewatch.com/usgastaxes.asp

The last few years that I have gone to Ohio gas is consistently .50 cheaper.

I come up with $6,705,512 per day (i got lazy with some sig figs but yeah, WAY to many assumptions going on here as well)

so 6.7 million x 365 = nys cant afford toilet paper.

inb4WTCconspiracytheories

I put in about $70-80/wk now in gas.
Can’t wait for it to go higher… so exciting.

88 miles everyday is <3

Living here in New York is just stupid. I was out visiting some family in Columbus Ohio, I bought gas yesterday for $3.19 per gallon. The expensive station was $3.26 I think. All of our money goes down the sewer that is NYC. I’ve only visited NYC twice in my life also.

Karter, by your math the state is collecting maybe 2 billion a year from gas taxes. do you know what the NYS budget is per year?

lol math

4$ a pack tax for smokers. property tax? income tax? someones getting rich and its not the people.