TDI-ish buddy?

Ok, so for about a year now, I’ve been considering getting a BMW X5 35d. I kinda decided against it when I saw what similarly optioned euro-SUV’s were going for (Touareg, Q7) and there was about a $7-8k difference (X5 being more). I was thinking more and more about it, within the next few months I’d pull the trigger. Then the Subaru accident occurred, which I suppose acted as a catalyst to getting something new.
Sunday, I went and test drove a brand new Q7 TDI Premium Plus at one of the local dealerships. I loved it, it felt great, handled ok for an SUV, and it was in my price range. I went in today to go pull the trigger possibly, but due to some… complications… I left the dealership and went straight to Keeler BMW. I test drove on of the X5s on the lot and it felt AWESOME. Much better feel than the Q7, especially on the interior… It just felt like it was built better. It rode much better as well. Not so much an SUV feeling, but more of a jacked up 5-series feeling. It felt great through the turns and such, and was much more comfortable.
So I pulled the trigger on it. I take delivery of a 2011 X5 35d (d = diesel) in about a week once it gets here from another dealership. For all of the same options, I was able to get the X5 for considerably less than the Q7, and the MSRP was 6-7k higher.
So far I’m very happy with my experience at Keeler, and I’m super excited for my first brand new vehicle to arrive.

/excitement

You would :lol

Congrats!

Lgt is gone?

sweet dude… maybe wel be having a new trend?

LGT is still… Around. It’s at the body shop awaiting the Progressive claim rep to give it an estimate. After that, I may have a certified public adjuster take a look at it as well and see if it’ll change anything. I’m really hoping it’ll be totaled, but I’m really doubting it will be. I’ve begun a thread on some of the Subaru forums I’m on asking if anyone wants to buy some of the aftermarket parts on it, and there’s a ton of interest, but only one or two people have asked about the motor which is where the most money is tied up in.

Oh, and it’s silver BTW lol. :rofl

:rofl :rofl :rofl

You just can’t stop can you?

I doubt it lol. I’ve been looking for one since before the latest Shift trend popped up, but I know these days everyone is trying to get excellent MPG, and diesel is the most cost effective way to do so, especially with MK4 Jettas and the like. I do however think it’s funny that this SUV gets much better gas mileage than my Subaru did/does.

Without special ordering, the only white available had tan interior lol.
Otherwise, it was all silver, dark silver (like my E46), and black. And black is whack. I’ll be getting it by Tuesday so I’ll show it to you then.

Awesome!

I got a new toy last night too

Black :ninja

Not TDI but great (better mpg)!

So you got another bike? :facepalm

You will approve

Can’t wait for nice weather.

We both have our bad vehicular habits. :lol

Selling the SV vlad?

Is the sky green? :tongue

Dude a lady came through the parking garage in a X5 3.5d the other day, thing is ill! I thought there was something wrong with it.

Then I looked into it, and it only gets 2mpg or so city, and 1mpg highway better than the gas model, with much decreased performance. So unless you plan on chipping/modding it, I’d go for the gas model.

congrats man.

Oh shit reading comp owns me, nice pickup! I’m sure you won’t be disappointed, what’s the towing capacity like? Can you tow a car trailer with the R46 with it?

If not, dibs on driving it as a support vehicle to the track for you on DE’s that I won’t be driving in!

:wierd I see what you did there.

vlad doesnt sell anything

He’s the biggest collector of non collectible vehicles :lol

Congrats bud

Congrats. Once you go diesel you won’t go back. If they have tuners and shit for it you can add power without hitting MPGs at all. Its fucking like crack.

Who’d you buy from there?

Sounds like a nice whip. You should mock up a photo of it towing the M3 like a baller.