tdi_logik's new TDi. 03 jetta variant

so i can spin the fronts down and do a self frame notch :wink:

chris hasn’t mentioned anything, im working on it literally when i have time between school work and more school work

how low are going going with the fronts on this car? how will this affect the handling?

this low, and it will surely affect the handling

GET ON IT! SLACKER!!!..

no but just dont forget to clean it up

why do you ask such silly questions. its not like this car is a track car. lowering anything that uses a McPherson strut is going to have adverse effects. especially when your stock geometry is where it needs to be. to make a mk4 handle it takes better dampers and better spring rates, with the ability to adjust front caster/camber. bushings are a big deal on them as well.

even a simple cup kit will make the car handle worse than before, giving you the false sense that its improved because its stiffer.

Pete- dude, that would look so awesome! Are you planning to get those plates that go on top of the rear dampers that make your wheels not move so much forward or does this not happen on the wagons like it does on the golf/gti cars?

Brett- I ask these questions because I dont have enough experience dealing with these cars, lowering these cars or working on them. I dont know suspension geometry all that much. I know some basic stuff, but thats basically it. I dont have enough seat time in cars with modded suspensions other than my own. I realize that it’s very unlikely he is going to be going to race tracks or mountain passes with this wagon, but i’d like to know how it will turn out in daily driving conditions. Often times theres shit in the road like peices of burst tire and such and sometimes you have to swerve to avoid serious damage to your car. I plan to put coilovers on the Jetta, so i’d like to know how it changes the car, because if it becomes quite bad i’ll have to come up with another plan.

anything more than a cupkit requires you buy some aftermarket swaybar, or remove it. edjustable endlinks dont work.

i had my FSB out of my black car as well. dont really need it. i dont do much as far as turning goes.

Don’t get Brett mad.

Badass Pete!!! Glad to see you’re making progress. I’m going to have to order a clutch here shortly i fear :frowning:

Wayne, buy this instead:

I am going to rape your face. or your timing belt, whichever i see first.

:rofl

i try not to get Brett mad, it just happens.

Kkkumby!!!

yea buddy back in action VERY SHORTLY. got hella work done today!

clutch is gonna fuckin BITE bABY

vw = ghey!

no way! i <3 volkswagens i just need a girl to wear some vduggs when she rids in the vdub

:rofl:rofl

KIA FTW!!! dont hate!

if u find one, ask if shes got a cute sister:thumbup