Teeth Whitening Strips

So i’ve tried tons of different toothpastes, tried different brushing schedules, and i am still not happy with the color of my teeth. I know the whitening strips are pretty common, but i just feel weird about them…i’d rather hear some experiences first. What brands/kits/kinds have people used, and with what kind of results?

recommendations?

how long i have to use them for?

how many strips generally come in a pack…and is one pack enough to make a noticeable difference?

disclaimer:

i’m prepared for flaming…but for those of you about to flame on me for wanting whiter teeth, another thread is showing up in the “New Posts” category you might wanna check out first…

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27673

once you’re done hating there, if you still feel the need to flame here, feel free.

i like them , im pretty sure i used the crest ones took about two weeks but had good results…

yea that tanning one was quite the loss of manhood

and i feel the same way about the white strips

do u smoke ?

if so then dont bother.

I used the crest white strips for about a month before my wedding. A good cleaning at the dentist made my teeth whiter than a month of those strips. I don’t think I would bother with them again. :shrug:

Professional whitening > strips

crest night effects are pretty good. they show results in a few days and last a bit. coffee is my killer so i make sure to do the 14 set of them every few months.

crest professional works well

if you can buy it in a store it sucks…

I heard a local dentist is doing whitening for a $300 donation to some cause.

I’ll call my friend for details and post back.

yea i think kiss 98.5 was talking about this. there is like two different methods that i was thinking about checking out.

hahaha kiss 98.5

that explains alot right there.

LOL.

Really? Kiss is doing this…?

ha nvrmnd.

I am getting mine done(dentist) as soon as i get back to the states. Anyone who flames is just a hater and probably is ugly and poor.

First start out by trying the Listerine Whitening Pre-Brush Mouthwash stuff. Or whatever it’s called.

The Crest white strips are probably the best.
The Aquafina ones are alright.

Rembrant makes a special toothpaste to remove stains as well.

I’d recommend the mouthwash and toothpaste before spending $40 on whitening strips.

the only thing I have against it is that if you drink tea/coffee they’ll just stain back again.

i used the stuff you have to “paint” on, and then smile for like 10 min (like the commercial). that stuff worked great.

It wouldn’t be the first time you got your teeth “painted” white and smiled for 10 minutes while on camera…

^ lol face

take 1 Strawberry grind it to a pulp and mix it with 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, put on teeth for 5-10 mins. once a day until your teeth are white.

The secret to this inexpensive home whitening method is malic acid, which acts as an astringent to remove surface discoloration. Combined with baking powder, strawberries become a natural tooth-cleanser, buffing away stains from coffee, red wine, and dark sodas. While it’s no replacement for a bleaching treatment at your dentist’s office, “this is a fast, cheap way to brighten your smile,”

:lol: