Tell me about your T-Mobile Service / Coverage

Looking to potential jump ship at AT&T and go to T-Mobile. I know the coverage is not as good, but I’m looking for some real world reports of your experiences with it.

Do you have T-Mobile? Please tell me how coverage is for you in and around WNY, as well as traveling…

Josh just did this and was saying good things…

@Onyz Z32…

oh wait that doesnt work here.

I had them for years b4 switching to ATT when the first iPhone came out. Never had any real problems around buffalo. Service was spotty for me in EA and a little in NT. But good everywhere else. Even going from buffalo to NYC and buffalo to Florida.

I just switched from t mobile to AT&T. I would constantly drop coverage everywhere. Not during calls, but my phone wouldn’t have a signal and would never dial out or send texts etc.
service was ok in major populated areas but if you go out near Warsaw or any country area it would lose all signal. My att phone still has 4g

Tmobile would not get a signal in major areas in PA or down south either. It also jumps over to Rogers as soon as you get anywhere near Lake Erie

They said it was my phone but I went thru 3 phones and it was all the same shit each time

I recently switched to them, and haven’t had many coverage issues really. I live in Tonawanda, and work in Williamsville and have good service in both areas.

ive had tmobile since 05. no complaints here

I’ve been with T-Mobile (formally Voicestream) for 12+ years.

I’ve never had a major phone reception problem, but I’ve also never had a low end phone. 90% of the time people complain about reception it because of their phone. Get a phone that includes ALL the T-Mobile bands and you’ll be fine.

If I jump to a different network because there is limited coverage, it doesn’t cost me anything.

I get FREE data and FREE texting in 115 countries, with all calls only 20¢ per minute in any of those countries. Canada, the Caribbean, even fucking Ghana. Anywhere you’d want to go and even some places you’d want to avoid. No one matches that.

Customer service is amazing. Never a hold time for me and they always take care of things. A few years ago I was on another plan and racked up $150 in data while in Canada. One call and they removed it from my bill.

• Updated - - -

I switched plans not service :slight_smile:

Listen to this man, as he is up to date with what’s hot and what’s not. Hell, he paid $1000 for a Razor, 6 months before they were free. He knows what he’s talking about.

:love:

lol I loved that phone…

This will ALWAYS be relevant whenever discussing Josh.

The dude has a Nokia smartphone that’s bigger than an S4 Tablet. :mamoru:

he’s the only person who ever pre-ordered Sony products and actually says; “dude, you should get the Sony…” since the 90’s.

Ive had them for years as well…

Service is fine for the most part if you’re in the Buffalo and surrounding suburban areas assuming you’re not in overly brick buildings or basements (UB was a nightmare in college). If you travel a lot to smaller towns then all bets are off. Youll typically have enough service to make a call/text but good luck getting usable data outside east of Clarence, South of OP and North of LP until you get to each next respective major city/town.

Essentially, its good (I only say good because Verizon and ATT are noticeably quicker with data) in larger populated areas, but its a real crap shoot once you get outside them.

Check ATTs new pricing if you have multiple phones

ATT 2 phones unlimited talk/text/10Gb is now $130

That’s not too bad.

I’m on T-Mobile now with the 30 dollar a month plan.

^ pretty good price. I’m assuming the 10GB is shared?

Yea and that is before the 28% discount I still get from Time Warner :lol:

I think my brother-in-law still gets his…He hasn’t worked there in like 8 years.

Wow, thats a actually a really good deal. Might be switching for this.