Temp pass

Quick question. I need to move a car that will be going into my possession soon, and need a temp pass. I can do so as long as the previous owner ownership says fit and if i have insurance for the car, correct?

Now i dont feel like getting insurance for this car just yet since its for the winter, can i not just give them the policy number of my current car and then show them the “fit” ownership of this winter beater and get my temp pass for it.

i know ill have to get plates and pay for tax since this new rule has come up.

Thanks,

Derek.

yes

to do what you want shouldn’t be a problem

Ya, they never ever check the policy number. They just need to have something on paper.

ya thats true, I just did that recently.

I think you will sitll need to convert the car into your name, and pay taxes and what not.

wait a minute

im in the same baot and went to the dmv today

i was told i have to get my own saftey and e-test, and thus the car has to be towed to a sho to get it done. then and only then can i register it and get a temp permit.

wtf?

all i have to do is show them its fit on the old ownership to get a temp? (along with my insuracne policy)

if you transferred it into your name already, and you are the owner of an unfit vehicle it’s too late

you gotta do it during the transfer process im pretty sure

i havent transferred it yet

it still belongs to the owner im buying from. ill be signing the ownership once i pay for the vehicle later this week.

so i should be able to get a temp with his old ownership with my signature on it?

yes u can get a temp … if it says FIT with the previous owner listed on the permit.

Once u transfer it in your name ( without a safety ) it becomes unfit and u cant get temp plates till u get a safety.

Yup +1

oh, and you can only get 2 temp permits a year instead of 3. Thankyou fucking dmv.

Just out of curiousity, Derek and Matt, what did you buy?

ll unveil her in a few days when its in my hands

Sounds good.

'91 bmw 318I, should have some fun in the snow with it

Carefull. I thought the same until I got pulled over. The cop checked the temp plate and then my insurance slip. Then he asked me why the car on the insurance slip was different than what I was driving. I told him I had just bought the car and they hadn’t sent me the new slips; I still got a ticket for not having proof of insurance.

well i called my insurance company, after i got the 10-day, and they faxed me a new insurance slip with the coverage details and what not