Test Drove a Mazdaspeed 3

i love mine.

tho the turdblow was just replaced cause it started ingesting oil(would pick it up tomorrow but coming to buff tom. morning) via poor design, but it was replaced under warranty. yay!

My turbo has smoked a couple times. Hopefully it will start happening more often so I can get the dealer to reproduce it/replace it. Last 2 times I told them about it they left it idling for hours and wasted all my gas, still didn’t see the smoke :(.

get it on film. i had to go to my dealer twice AND THEN get it on film before they would do anything. and that was only AFTER i called my mazda rep and told them about it.

call your mazda rep. and file a report. they will have an engineer come out to the dealer, like mine and he will check the obv. downpipe/compressor side of turbine for signs of oil

they need an engineer to determine that …their techs cant tell a smoked turbo

Anyone have/have driven an 08 mazdaspeed3?

I am looking into getting one in March, read that they made a few changes from 07 and just seeing what people think…

We dont have any 08 speed3’s yet, but should be out very soon… Towne mazda…
OT not advertising just stating…

However if your serious about a speed 3 i think they around 3g’s off sticker right now, well the one or two we have left…

ok hrmm cause I just looked through mazdas site and searched and there were no 07s just 08s…stupid intrawebs

They are coming in white which I think rules.
I am still a big fan of these cars but I decided car payments are stupid.

I think any body can agree with that, unless your trying to build up your credit like me lol.

ehh yeah payments suck…but whatever making enough now that I don’t care that much if my payment is in hte ~$400 range including insurance. Plus I don’t like buying used really, so this was a ‘best choice’ for me so far…

what are the 08 upgrades?

07+ minis are turbo, with about 3G in upgrades (boost tube/exhaust/downpipe/piggyback ecu) they are getting around 250whp. They are making a larger turbo kit for 300+whp with stock internals. You can build an 08 mini with LSD >$25k

a) I am tall, so even the mazda will be a sqeeze, though I fit into my wrx and stang just fine…

b) i HATE mini’s with such furious passion…starting with the tach.

+1

Mini’s interior is like a fucking cartoon.
Go test drive a ms3, get on the highway, leave it in 6th and just drop the hammer. bishh pulles smmmoooth.

yeah I have a feeling I already know how it will drive, though the reviews said the powerband was pretty small which kind of is a minus, but it is just going to be a DD so not a big deal really

It chokes harder than Cinderella getting to the ball at the redline.
Other than that it’s a blast

if it’s anything like my car, which it probably is, redline is like 6700, but by about 5500 you are back to a 4 cylinder. So basically you have good pull from 3000-5500, short powerband for sure.

For a dd it’s nice though, and on the highway it pulls well even in 6th.

I see vids of speed6’s with bigger turbos pulling hard to redline, sha-wing…

ok cool my subby was like that as well…learned how to keep it within boost for the most part when I needed to…

:banghead:

oops :slight_smile: <25k