Thank you moderators

Woah. I didn’t think any of you guys thought like that.

i understand. but there are people who have been banned. that had 2,000 posts (and we all know, only tech and auto posts go towards that count). so you can’t say they didn’t contribute.

from what i understand from other members is beck was banned for being an attention whore and not minding his own business oh and lying.

Yeah, but I doubt there is anyone who has received a perma-ban who hasn’t been warned repeatedly how to avoid it. This is especially true if you’re talking about Beck, since he had a perma-ban that was undone, only to be reinstated. Can’t say he wasn’t given a chance.

Why, do you think it’s wrong I feel that way?

you also hang out with that squirrel cheese audi s4 kid, and mikes98rt

:bloated:

oh i completely agree 100%. but he never did anything after he was unbanned to deserve a perma ban.

he was going to be “unbanned” a second time, but after he had written something about NySpeed in another un-related forum…they decided to just delete his username.

oh and the fact that he got into the mods only section. :snky:

So? What does that have anything to do with anything?

Beck was on thin ice as he came back from a ban before. And are you going to refer to him with the posts in tech / gen auto?

It works like this: BS in OT, car stuff in car stuff. Not to tricky to figure out.

He didn’t deserve to?

He mislead an entire community about something serious that never happened. You remember that couple in that town that pretended that they were have quadruplets or something? That is wrong, and I don’t want that kinda bullshit on this forum.

but what did he do to get banned a second time? i believe the forum had a vote? and i dont understand what you mean about refering him?

but you said WE the members decide. we had a vote. and more than 50% of the forum, said let it go. so techincally, by not standing by your voting decision, did you mislead us?

Not sure if it is just me be it seems like there has been a recent influx of people just joining to bash other people. Granted this forum is pretty much like every other internet forum I have been on, or moderated even.

The primary difference is that this forum is on a local level. Quite a few people have met others in person which is an extremely different element from just about any website that would be visited. It’s a fine line to walk, how far is too far before it deteriorates the general opinion of this forum for new/potential members of this forum.

The main thing is that everyone has differing opinions, that almost always is two sided. One side will think it is too harsh, while the other thinks it’s too lenient. And in theory the perfect balance is a less than perfect balance because all too often you’ll get it from both sides. Instead of just a simple thank you, or even general appreciation for their efforts.

i’m not going to get into this. i just think its very apparent that the forum is very dull as of recent.

Oh btw, I perma banned him after temp banning him. Funny, how I was going to let him on despite when others thought differently… then he runs his mouth on someone who was for letting him back on.

Apparently you don’t know the situation, so keep on speculating.

:rolljerk: Mike is a cool dude. :shrug:

so he talked smack about you in a different forum? and hurt your feelings? so you used your admin position to turn his temp ban, into a perma ban? very ethical :tup:

i still want to know about that “vote” we all had.

IMO, if he does something on a totally different forum…it shouldnt hold any water in regards with bannings that have to do with nyspeed.

who cares if i hang out with justin and mike? they are good people. no need to degrade them or talk down about them just because your trying to defend beck

the rules daddie set seem clear to me… you fuck around in any other section the OT you PAY.

right. but beck never fucked around in any threads, but the ones in ot. i just dont think its fair, to have certain rules for certain people.

Who cares about the vote? Did Howie ever say the vote was going to be the end all decision?

In case you didn’t realize it an internet forum is not a democracy. This is Howie’s club, and he’s picked a few people to be bouncers. If you make it a habit of pissing in a club owner’s cornflakes you shouldn’t be surprised when you’re kicked out, regardless of what all the other club attendees think.

Why yes, actually…

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17913&highlight=beck

first post.