Thank you Synapse

So my car has been basically in storage for a few years…frankly didn’t give a shit, and really still don’t… but with that said, I want to thank Morgan for getting rid of the one issue I thought would be hard to fix. And doing so in a couple hours.

Slow put in a new fuel pump last year as it was having fueling issues… but the car was still doing what it always did, ever since I pretty much had Morgan build the twin system (after removing the rear mounted twins in 05). It was over-boosting. Couldn’t keep my foot into it. Having given up playing with it myself, had it at Redline and another shop to diagnose and repair didn’t produce results… what fun is a car you cant keep your foot in?!

I figured it was the waste gate configuration not offing the gasses fast enough and I expressed that to Morgan. I had read so much about that being the likely cause and even talked with the WG manufacturer. Morgan still said, nah, I was a doubting Thomas but left him the car…ran a few errands and came back… he was busy on a new project and my niggling issue was solved. The boost controller I installed after the system was built was way to fancy for anyone who touched it to figure out and install properly in the past… so now I am on spring, happily. Fuck you E-boost II.-

I just want to run 9-10 lbs, no more 17-20’s, too much shit breaks. Thats what the car does now (9-10), and though it was almost a month ago, I still havn’t gotten to take it out and get on it. Morgan would know better than me since he actually was able to lay into it. Its not “tame” is the jist I got.

Its hard to leave a car with someone who has no choice but to take it on the street and hammer it to see what happens… I trusted him, and in turn he trusted it wouldn’t self destruct. I think he had fun and I couldn’t be any more appreciative.

Thank you Morgan, I wish 4-5 years ago I had dropped it to you for the 2-3 hours it took. You did what a few other shops simply couldn’t, and ya did it fair and fast.

i thought tony had the car?

Tony was going to tune the tranny and add air filters and try to figure out the boost issue. The boost issue unfortunately was not solved . Its hard to come into someone elses mess and do it all. What was done was done very well though. Tony didnt have the ability to drive it on the street (no dealer plate back then )and the dyno unfortunately broke when he tried to diagnose it on the dyno.

duuude you should throw some sort of controller on there, boost will come on way harder, no? I might know someone who’d buy that e-boost off you too! lmk!

Nah, dont know if I need it to come on harder. Morgan says its a lil squirrly as it is. I hope to confirm soon. Im not selling the e-boost as it makes a real nice boost gauge.lol

Is this the E36 in your pic, youre talking about? Synapse is good people.

nah, its a dumpy rotterdam guido mobile.

so all he did was un-install the e-boost? im a little confused.

Haha the first thing you do for an overboost problem is take any boost controller off and see what it does on the springs lol. But clearly the others didn’t try this I guess. Glad everything worked out well and you can finally enjoy the car. Be safe, that thing is out of control.

I always install a manual boost controller unless you need extreme control for specific conditions, or are having trouble holding boost in certain areas. They are simple and work great every time. If you do ever want more than 9-10psi and less than double the spring pressure its the way to go IMO.

sometimes you just gotta make shit worse to make it better

basically. duh on me and all those before Synapse

Yeah no shit! Simple turbo configurations are so straight forward, like Morgan did, it should have been 30 seconds worth of changes under the hood to point the problem at the boost controller and not hardware configurations and what not… especially overboosting twice the spring pressure!

Glad to see its fixed!

Jammers car is somewhat like a unicorn of the domestic world…

People know it exists… but no one has ever really seen it

:rofl

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t5v_zvH7QY”]Tubbed S-10 vs Jammer - YouTube[/ame]

:shifty

^ Totally the work of video trickery…

nice video

Glad to see shit getting figured out. Morgan’s top notch.

Jammers just alright.

I don’t blame redline or Copolla as their task was not solely to fix the over boosting issue but to set up the boost controller and make it work. These boost controllers are unpredictable and faulty but more importantly neither redline nor Copolla had the ability to take on the street… That’s necessary in this instance I feel. So I learned to drive and even Race at times at half throttle.
The relief that synapse brought was I delivered an undrivable car and picked a driveable car back up.

Not pointing blame at anyone but myself for not completely removing the controller in the past. It’s a complex 4 port system and I was more determined to make it work than to believe it was the root of the issue. All sounds so simple now. Lol. The goals of the past were to “go fast”, the goal today is just to “go”, so what’s acceptable and gratifying is very different than a few years ago.

Here Benny. Get the good side of a 14 second run at least. :slight_smile:
[ame=“http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s_SGDqmgdD4”]05 10 08 Ed vs J - YouTube[/ame]

Glad it worked out man , I couldn’t figure that setup out lol . Now ya can have fun with it as its not overboostin and has the fuel to run