The 2015 Autocross Thread

http://www.flr-scca.com/solo-schedule/

April 18 - Street Survival School @ Xerox

April 19 - MCC – G Lot

April 26 - Spencer Speedway – Tentative (pending safety steward approval)

May 16 - Novice School @ MCC – G Lot

May 17 - Delphi

June 7 - MCC – G Lot

June 21 - MCC – G Lot
June 28 - CNY @ NYS Fairgrounds

July 5 - MCC – G Lot

July 12 - Joel Ajavon Memorial Autocross with BMW & Porsche Club @ MCC – G Lot

July 26 - WNY @ Ralph Wilson Stadium

August 9 - MCC – G Lot

• Updated - - -

ALSO - RELEVANT (because someone slower than the average autocrosser will bitch about standing around in a parking lot all day)

http://www.solomatters.com/road_racing_vs_autocrossing

Autocrossing is truly the only place where you can push your car to the absolute 100% edge of grip, without any consequence. With the worst thing you can hit being cones, it allows you to safely find the maximum capabilities of your car. While it teaches excellent car-control skills, it sometimes can create a reckless habit when an Autocrosser transitions onto the road course

• Updated - - -

ALSO - there will be no “BEAT THE TROLL” challenge this year because I have a committed (paying) co-driver - although I encourage people to offer co-drives and use this thread to arrange rides.
Regarding the Joel Ajavon Memorial Event - my co-driver and I both own Porsches (AS 996 and BS 987), so each of us are likely to run our own car that day - which would free up a seat in each of our cars. I may also have access to a BSP (fast) 986 Boxster S - so that might free up another 2 seats at that event for people without cars.

more info on the charity event - http://niagarapca.org/event/view/945/

Should I post all the bullshit the autox people post in drag racing threads?

I plan on going to at least one of these

We’d love to see you there.

If you like drag racing, the Pro Solos feature car vs. car mirror courses with a drag race start (complete with a light tree and DNFs for early launches) and nice straightaway.

Autocrossing is truly the only place where you can push your car to the absolute 100% edge of grip, without any consequence. With the worst thing you can hit being cones, it allows you to safely find the maximum capabilities of your car. While it teaches excellent car-control skills, it sometimes can create a reckless habit when an Autocrosser transitions onto the road course

What about this guy?!

But trolling aside - I’d love to make it out this season.

It was a blast when I had the 540I, but I no longer own a car that would be worth taking to one of these

Don’t let not having a fast car keep you away. I had fun autocrossing my wife’s Geo Prism one weekend when my regular autocross car (Fiero) was waiting on parts. Even took home a trophy that day (can’t remember 1st or 2nd place) but they joked it might be the only trophy a bone stock automatic Prism on all seasons has ever won. You can have fun autocrossing in just about any car.

I would rather take the g37 vs the Corvette

Literally any car can be competitive with the right person behind the wheel.