The best driving simulator

I am looking to get a very good driving simultor.

I’ve played GT2, GT3, LFS, F12002. I’ve heard of RARS but never played it.

The criteria that i need in this simulator are:

• physics engine (as close to real thing as possible)
  • a lot of good tracks, not necceceraly real ones, but good and different ones.
  • Suspension tunning, I’d like more to play with more variables then ride height.
  • Graphics don’t matter to a certain extend, but don’t want to be racing boxes.
  • Console or PC don’t matter, if its good enough i’ll pay for it.

Since i’ve never played any of the above games with a wheel what do you thing is THE best racing sim. Don’t forget about FORZA and GT4 coming soon.

For my personal preference I liked “NFS: Porsche Unleashed”, just because the engines sound so great.

But as far as sims go, all around, probably the Gran Turismo series…

LFS is top for PCs.
GT3 (GT4 soon) for PS2.
Project Gotham 2, altho it’s arcadey, for Xbox.

ya the GT series is th closest you will find, gotham isnt really a sim

Just wait till december 14th and pickup gran turismo 4. if you want it to be an even better simulator get the GT4 force feedback steering wheel. :wink: ($199.00)

Gran turismo´s full name : “Gran Turismo, the real driving simulator.”

Damn $200 for the steering wheel… and I have the perfect setup for it…
But I so want parts for the silvia…
:frowning:

That’s what i am probably going to do, exept its delayed untill first quarter of 2005. I will buy that wheel now and play LFS (since you can use on PC as well). I was just wondering if there are any very good sims that i didn’t know of.

lfs is wicked… tons of people were playing it online before you had to purchase it…

need for speed is arcady but fun

That’s what i am probably going to do, exept its delayed untill first quarter of 2005. I will buy that wheel now and play LFS (since you can use on PC as well). I was just wondering if there are any very good sims that i didn’t know of.[/quote]

are you shitting me??? dammit, I paid for that game in october 2003 and have been waiting eagerly ever since. jan 04, may 04, july 04, oct 04, dec 04, now 05’!!! I hope it will be flawless after so many years spent on it since gt3 was released. the screenshots ive seen so far look like photographs.

Wow that sucks, this is why I never pre-order games.

Don’t any of you have a mod chip?

My PlayStation does, but the PS2 is a bit trickier, I’ve got a DVD burner though so maybe I should get it done…

My only “fear” is they will start doing the same thing they did to the PS-One games where they made games that could detect the chip and not run.

I’m debating chipping it though for some of the drifting games that they won’t release here.

:wavey:
i ahve it, last week pcied up Metal gear solid and underground 2, week befrore got san andreas, i love its a lot better than paying 80 for a game, they stick it to you ahrcore for those games

for psx I had a really cool chip, it was just a gameshark that clipped on the back of the original psx’s that would suspend everything after the playstation does its check for a regular game, then it let you swap the discs and play your burnt game, it was really something, only cost me 20 bucks plus I could bring it to my friends houses or whatever. If anyone knows where to get these for ps2 (I heard of one called Magic Swap now) let me know.

you dont need gameshark for the new chips, there all direct boot, and mine has had no problems, accpet the dvd player doesnt always work, but idont need it as a dvd palyer anyway so that dont bother me

I know the chips dont need gamesharks, but the one I had was a gameshark with the chip in it so you didnt have to take apart your playstation at all, just externally plug in this and play…