The BMX thread.

pics are funny.

haberer is racing 35-40 class. hummel is racing too–he is like 4 points out of 1st going to the grands. Punjab still rides, and has his own clothing company-- http://www.formatiksapparel.com/ he sponsers me for cars…

as for me, graveyard/819/981 and roman’s mini ramp local and semi push local since we were allways friends and rode each others trails. Any national or road trip we ent to, it was push kids and us.

Still rememebr getting into it w/ nastazio, rocco getting drunk for 1st time, any of the x-mas races, fat house/superdome and their respective trails. was good clean fun, no bullshit and never worry about getting hurt.

You goin to NOVR? Yea I might have a S&M shirt I can dig up for that :wink: Locally I had the only dirtbike that wasn’t chrome, I ordered mine dark blue. My friends always loved it since they could pick me out of a group at a distance haha.

I have been out of it for a good while but would like to ride again. with a decent complete so cheap now you can’t lose really. under 200 for 48 hole rims and 3 peice crank is a steal

Then you should remember the AVALANCHE ? Richie was badass man and still is from what i hear.

AVALANCHE

that old video is bad ass, lol. bmx action magazine time, lol.

can you still ride at south park all the time?? like when theres no races??

yeah, I think me and the usual crew will be there, not running on the tires I want to though.

Mammoth park near norvelt has, or at least had, a track that was decent from what I remember and open all the time. That has been YEARS though.

mamouth is closed. funny thing is the people who ran it (nelson’s), their sons are big into vw’s–run a repair shop in mt. pleasant.

south park is still running and you can ride it. 2nd straight is burly as fuck. they were life flighting mofo’s out of there during the 4th of july race. like 3 life flights and 20 trips to the hospital in an ambulance. literally had to change the track.

It,s like that evry year. U need to have some dirt jumping skills for at least one straight they make there every year…remeber the one year us PUSH guys were allowed to build the track for the nationals and they made us change it like ten times,and dave pheiffer rolled the bobcat all drunk…:doh:

seriously, track was killing even the locals w/ skills this year. motherfuckers were breaking frames in half like it was a pop can. dont help that 99.9% of the fucks are clipped in, and hands are glued to bars. so when the wreck, they never get their hands out to cushion shit.

I wish I would have gotten to ride with all of the Pittsburgh crew more than I did. We started going to push one summer (me, boob, and stinky). We were intimidated as hell. Just like any new trails you go into…you don’t know if the locals are going to accept you or not. Ended up having a blast there every time. We were actually on our way down, stopped at Gatto’s for a tube, and the one guy told us that it was plowed. Usual response, “yeah right. It was supposed to be plowed years ago”. We got there and there was nothing. Just one lip in biggie between the trees where teh dozer couldn’t get it.

I was just in Natrona Heights over the weekend riding my dirt bike with my girlfriend’s brother. Took me to some trails there. The kids were talking about Wade. I almost lost it.

I remember when I rented Chenga the one night that Rocco wrecked his VW on the way out. Sailor fish-hooked stinky to where his lip split totally in half. It was just a badass jam where no one cared about anything.

I have a set of Case forks laying in my garage still. They outlasted two frames until I bought DKs for my FBM. Then I retired them to a wall decoration. I think those forks were on Punjab’s old frame, then they were on Hummel’s white Holmes, then I snapped a set of forks and he gave them to me.

We need to all get together and just do a reunion tour of the PA qualifiers. Those were fun weekends because there was no need to push yourself. Just have a blast.

Hey Devin did u know Brett White from over at PUSH

Fuck ya i knew brett white.stigs best friend as well as justin short…those crazy fucks:rofl:

I rollerblade but i used to hang with a bunch of people that rode bmx at alot of local dirt trails(push, the one over in North Versailles and a couple of other spots). Any of you guys near ebensburg no Billy Kibler?? He used to race R/C cars alot but he doesnt come around to the track that much anymore. I believe hes sponsored by Hoffman now.

yea Brett played hockey with us for a while and dated my best friends sister while he was always riding at PUSH

brett white, lol. i havent seen that cat in almost 8 years. last time i think i seen him, we were at kuhns drinking tea in the a/c and he dumped his drink on burks b/c burks pissed him off.

kuhns iced tea owned all.

best was staying at one of the push kid’s house and going to the cheap movies. roll in like 15 deep. hell, that was when steig was still w/ bambi.

i havent seen alot of the guys in a while. last time i seen rocco was when he got stabbed. i visted him in the hospital. dan/sape/bubba been about 2 yrs at the pennywise show. last i heard dan lived in ohio, bubba was married, and sape i dunno. havent seen dre since highschool. ding i haven’t seen since 1st pittsburgh thunder–it was him and little jimmy. Funny thing was i was bs-ing w/ jimmy’s dad and didnt know it was him as i never met him. same w/ the cumming brothers–havent seen them since college. although justin hit me up on myspace. burks flips from florida and pa. vaun is running a t-shirt design shop in mp. punjab is in irwin, hummel works at maroneys w/ me and ups. Habs is full time driving at ups and still racing. wes is in cali. shultzie i seen at the pennywise show too–all buff/modelesque now. Haven’t seen factory phil/philly idol since we rented chenga… man, i could go on forever naming people wondering where they are. that was my childhood. thats when everything was fun and nothing else mattered. all i cared about was riding trails/sk8 park or street.

spangler, devin, and myself gravitated toward cars, as did bartek. for the most part seems liek everyone stayed straight.

I was just with dan,bubba and sape two weeks ago drinking,sapes lives in wets mif and we go out sometimes to get beers…jimmy and me still talk and hang out and get drunk sometimes as well. I see shulte as well and drink with him sometimes,he is a hair dresser now:eek3: :stick: As far as the childhood goes.i,m right htere with u sailor!

Got to give love to the PUSH kids, those were widely known as some of the best. I rode an S&m dirtbike, now my current Eastern Tarzan. I owned an S&M Menstrual Cycle FTW ( 1" threaded head set)…

[QUOTE=FourGee6Tee3]Got to give love to the PUSH kids, those were widely known as some of the best. QUOTE]Yeswe were…those were def the days man…:frowning:

:bigthumb: :bigok: