The California thread

just bought a ticket to see this guy at the Brea Improv
http://static.squarespace.com/static/53924e6be4b003747ecfdaa4/t/5398e03ee4b02640ce3761a6/1402527814273/Sebastian-Maniscalco-Whats-Wrong-With-People.jpg

November 15th?

yup

I might have to take the gf.

Well guys, I just wasn’t meant to ride motorcycles in California, I wrecked Monday night. Hit a wheel/tire that was just lying in the ‘bike lane’ on the 405. Broke a small bone in my foot and hand and got a compression fracture in my t12 vertebrae. A few rash spots too. Luckily I was wearing a helmet, jacket, pants, leatt brace, and gloves. I’ll probably go home tomorrow. Was walking without help today.

Damn :frowning: Glad you’re walking!

holy shit.

glad youre alright.

also whats the “bike lane” on the 405?

The 4’ wide section between the hov and regular lanes.

ahhh yikes.
were you going full speed with traffic or were you splitting?

Just going with the flow at that point. I never split at like 10 or 15 more than traffic. It was like 730 so kinda dark, I was looking for rogue cars not tires :confused:

Finally got my drz to cali, time to sell it. $100 finders fee.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/mcy/5276122904.html

hold on you live in oceanside but work up by me?

yikes

Yea we got the house (rental) before I got the job. I was looking down here but I found out about this job and I couldn’t pass it up. Plus the gf works 5 miles away. Next year I’ll try to get her a job and we’ll move north. Somehow I don’t mind the drive.

I will be in San Diego for work Nov 8 through at least the 13th. Staying at the Omni, any suggestions in the immediate area for food/beer?

HOLY SHIT @travisn , happy to hear you are OK. Aside from cars, debris will get you just as quickly. Damn.

man I used to make the commute from Irvine to Long Beach everyday and that got REAL old to me I couldn’t imagine going another hour on top of that.

as for food im not sure what you are looking for but there is a ton of stuff around.

fast(er) food I would say:

Bruxie
Broken Yolk
Hash House
Snooze
Pokez
Lucha Libre

again there are TONS more stuff just do a quick Yelp for whatever youre looking for

and sorry no idea about beer

Yes, too many to list. You’re right down in the middle of Gaslamp there. Hit me up when you’re coming to town!

:bat:

I’ve heard gaslamp is a sweet area, just had no idea as to where I was going to be in relation!

Yep, San Diego downtown is relatively small for such a huge spread-out city. You’re right next to Petco Park there so basically right at the one end where it starts, 5th and 6th ave should be most of the hot spots. I’m down at the beach myself but only about 15 min away. :bat: it is!

ill be in SD tonight until Sunday night