The Cigar thread

I’m a fan of Padron Cigars the Padron 3000 and 5000 are my go to choices and also if you can find them the Padron 1964 anniversary series is really awesome as well.

“Java” by Drew Estate. Enjoyed one of these while down on Long Island this summer and it was great.

Funny thing about Cubans the leaves the use to wrap those in are grown in the states sold over seas then to Cuba, strange how that works

Padron is one of those companies you cant really go wrong with, Ive had both the cigars you mentioned and both were great.

Try an Isla Del Sol, they are also made by drew estate and are coffee flavored but are about half the price of Java’s.

A bunch of my buddies from the island are coming up for my birthday weekend soon, I’ll have to pick a few of those up. Thanks!

Yeah they had those at Gators, was tempted to pick one up, but stuck with the acids.

You can get a box of 20 for I believe $50, check out www.famous-smoke.com. Order anything from them before 2PM and you’ll have it the following day since their warehouse is in northeast PA.

Definetly try one out, at $5 a stick you cant really go wrong.

Will do:thumbup

Get the robusto not the toro, the toro is good but the robusto is great

Size difference or flavor? I bought a Kuma Kuma and LOVED it

kuba kuba? You and SRS BZNS would get along well:lol

But yes size makes a huge difference in taste, the black labels I have are homeruns no matter the size. But if you smoke a clasico (robusto) and then light up a magnifico (toro) you will notice that they have a very similar flavor but the robusto really brings out the best of the cigar. Im not 100% sure exactly how this works, you’d think same cigar, same tobacco, same leaf, would mean same flavor, but the smaller cigars 3 out of 4 times just seem to bring that extra bit of flavor to the table.

Hmm, interesting.

I think it has a lot to do with the gauge size, just like how many smokers that prefer a more concentrated and flavorful draw will use a punch instead of a guillotine cutter, the smaller the gauge the more concentrated the flavoring is.

I ALWAYS use a punch, fuck that cutter noise lol

I use my punch on larger gauges and my cutter on smaller gauges, the punch also works great on cigars that have draw problems.

I went to a cigar shop in Queensbury over the weekend and some of the cigars were big money.

I ended up buying a Tatiana vanilla flavored one. It was pretty good and only $5.

Later on in my drunken stupidness I smoked a bunch of White Owls and a Phillie or two from the gas station.

Cup O Joes?