The confederate flag. Symbol of southern heritage or Hate?

No, it doesn’t. But then again this has nothing to do with what we’re talking about.

I may choose to fly a Confederate flag to show that I am completely opposed to the Federal Governement’s strangle-hold on commerce and lifestyle in this country.

That’s the thing with a symbol, you don’t really know why the person chose to display it.

Riiiiiight.

Quick history lesson, that’s before our Great Nation was formed. Uh oh, that may mean that all of American History can be classified as promoting racism and slavery. That’s a scary thought.

In fact, Ben Franklin invented bifocals before the Civil War ever took place. I suppose everyone that wears bifocals, correct me where I’m wrong Darkstar, “promotes an era dominated by the industry of slavery.”

That may be the one of the worst analogies I’ve heard from someone I consider to be at least somewhat intelligent on Pittspeed. Just horrible. There was no slave labor in Philadelphia anyways.

This failed Revolution strengthened and consolidated Federal power. The greatest disservice we do to children in this country is to paint the only organized uprising in the History of this great nation with overtones of slavery and immorality. Slavery existed when the country began. The subject of slavery should not be used as a trump card to hide the fact that the Federal government was out of control at that time and remains so to this day.

Rising up against a government that abuses its power over the populace is not only mentioned in the writings of the founding fathers, it is encouraged. To label this mid 19th century uprising as an act of greed by racist slave owners, and nothing else, does great damage to reputation of our nation, and the ability of outsiders to understand our Government.

It was an act of greed by racist slave owners. You can dress it up however you like, but thats what it was.