The Dollar vs The Amero

what are your thoughts on the dollar being worth nothing? could it happen?
http://www.dc-coin.com/ProductImages/una_1a_2007_pr_tn.jpg
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1954933468700958565

IBawdrifter

IB :bsflag:

I’m pissed at myself for sitting through 8 minutes of that crap

HOAX

:fail:

the amero is not real. It is a crazy tinfoil hat conspiracy.

its funny that they have already made some of these. it will happen, eventually.

ugh

I wish it was real. National borders are artificial, irrational, and interfere in trade and worker mobility that would make the world economy more rational and stable. When we’re riding a wave of irrational exuberance and the economy looks good, everybody’s for that - but the problems that we faced in the 1930s, the 1970s, and are facing now, were the opposite face of that coin.

No, there is not going to be a North American Union, based on some secret Illuminati conspiracy. But why shouldn’t there be? Canada and America would surely suffer some economic repercussions in the short term, but a combined Government would be more effective in modernizing Mexico, and the combined economic strength would make us better off in the long term.

I’m not sure if it’s racism, or nationalism, but whatever it is, it’s irrational. People are afraid of losing their freedom to some “foreign” government, but the fact is that if you accept any government as legitimate, you’re transferring your sovereignty to another, and whether it’s your town, state, nation, or a Union of Nations, the effect on you is no more profound or diabolical. Yet people distrust a North American government more than an American government. Do you distrust Canadians more than Americans? Probably not. Do you distrust Mexicans more than Americans? Probably, a lot of conservative pundits exhaust themselves trying to make it so.

I’m all for just empowering the United Nations with real, legislative, executive, and judicial authority, and granting them the right to tax. No joke. It would be some Constitutional convention, but if it was done properly, we’d be just as well off. Our Constitution was set up by parties with divided interests, and it’s very well balanced. The world needs the same.

But enough of my soapbox. This guy’s a nut.

edit…nvm

US > :spank: < everything else.

:whogives: