The End of old school hot rodding

Cool. It gonna be on the street next year?

Try buying a car that parts are not available at the local auto parts store, there is no dealer for them, and you cannot get them overseas. You know…Packards, Studebakers, DeSotos, etc…

I know with my GTO, there were a few parts that I had a tough time finding/buying and I have a car that the aftermarket supports pretty good. Same with Novas, Camaros & Chevelles. There are still a few parts that I need that are not reproduced & there is not enough demand for them to be reproduced (guys who have what I need want big $$ for mediocre quality parts - it’d be nice to have options). This is where these types of ‘junk’ cars come into play. Again, this is more of an issue for someone who owns something like a Kaiser or even a 37 Pontiac. It could affect all of us at some point as these cars get rarer.

See above. They are not targeting collector cars per se. They are targeting ‘old’ cars sitting behind peoples’ houses, be it a 4 door LTD or a rusted Camaro. If they make it lucrative enough for these people to scrap them, then people would rather scrap then help a collector out.

If they get away with this, then what other liberties will they take away in the future? I understand what you are saying about Corsicas, but someone out there is probably restoring one of those, too (4doors/5gears :rofl: ) and this will affect them too.

You guys may think we’re overreacting, but I want to protect my hobby. If you don’t care, then move on.