The Fishing Thread

In this thread post your catches, stories, pictures, and etc related to fishing.

I’ll start.

Today I got out of work early and went down the southside and fished under one of the bridges for about 2 hours. Seen a walleye or sauger chasin minnows in a shallow part but wouldnt go after my lure.

I caught 3 smallmouth, approx 13" in size, nothing special. Caught 2 of them one after another in the middle of the heavy rain band that came thru, glad I remembered my poncho

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/djfish.jpeg

My brother caught this on the Yough Lake with a crankbait.

walleye?

beav.

pretty avg. trout that we catch in Garret co. MD.

this is a native brookie from the same river. They don’t stock brookies anywhere near by. i was pretty pumped to land this and complete the cycle for the day.

^^^ san juan worm- some call it cheating, i call it common sense.

I just booked a King Salmon charter on the Puget Sound for August 10th while I’m in Seattle for my cousin’s wedding. I’m psyched!

i cant upload my pic but i just caught a 35 pound king Salmon last mounth on 12 pound test on my medium action rod

bet that took a while to reel in…

anyone got any good spots for bass? I been searching and I know of a few spots but im just lookin for more. I’d perfer spots where you can fish from shore, or a place that rents boats.

go to the 3th lake at deer lakes monster bass all day if you got the right bait or i like crooked creek lake its a great bass spot and huge muskey all from the shore

I haven’t gotten into any picture worthy bass this summer. Just alot of average ones.

We got permission to fish three farm ponds with some huge bass in em, but haven’t given any of the big ones a sore lip yet.

we should schedule a fishing trip some day

I’d be all about it.

I may be in for that too…

where are deer lakes and Three farm ponds?

Everywhere I fish is around the Johnstown area. Once in a while I’m on the Allegheny at my in-laws camp outside of Ford City.

Rosston?

also, if any of you homofags want to do some real fishing, book this asshole to take you fishing. Cheap as fuck and you’ll be out on the waters with the most experienced pro fisherman in Western PA.

www.keystoneconnection.com

I don’t know the small towns around there. I know I go through Leechburg on 66 and High Voltage is just a few miles further up 66. Somewhere in between is camp.

i love our private lake in washington township. It’s posted, no one is allowed to fist there, and it has been called little canada by most. Wonderful fishing on a multi acre reservoir, bass, crappie, bluegill, northern pike (over five feet), walleye, catfish, carp, perch, you name it, it’s there. Just gota watch out for the patrol guy.

which lake is it? I wont be going there but I just wonder which one it is. PM me if you want to

Those rates sound pretty reasonable, and those pictures look like he knows where to find them. you related to him?

go to beaver run monster pike but you better be ready to run you get a big fine if you get caught out there. deer lakes is http://www.alleghenycounty.us/parks/dlfac.aspx i like the first lake or you could also go to lock 3 allegheny river its part of the big bass program the state has