The Healthcare Reform Thread

where can you read the bill?

I don’t care if the bill reads “free candy for eveyone”, I don’t want the federal govt controlling my healthcare. Why is that so hard for people to understand? I think some of you have no clue about the financial history of our govt.

I am sure if I read Bernie Maddoff’s resume it would be impressive but I am not going to waste my time reading that either.

heres the 1st 1000 pages lol, http://candicemiller.house.gov/pdf/hr3200.pdf
there’s another… 1200?

David Frum, former speechwriter to President George W. Bush:

Conservatives and Republicans today suffered their most crushing legislative defeat since the 1960s.

It’s hard to exaggerate the magnitude of the disaster. Conservatives may cheer themselves that they’ll compensate for today’s expected vote with a big win in the November 2010 elections. […]

No illusions please: This bill will not be repealed. Even if Republicans scored a 1994 style landslide in November, how many votes could we muster to re-open the “doughnut hole” and charge seniors more for prescription drugs? How many votes to re-allow insurers to rescind policies when they discover a pre-existing condition? How many votes to banish 25 year olds from their parents’ insurance coverage? And even if the votes were there – would President Obama sign such a repeal?

We followed the most radical voices in the party and the movement, and they led us to abject and irreversible defeat. […]

So today’s defeat for free-market economics and Republican values is a huge win for the conservative entertainment industry. Their listeners and viewers will now be even more enraged, even more frustrated, even more disappointed in everybody except the responsibility-free talkers on television and radio. For them, it’s mission accomplished. For the cause they purport to represent, it’s Waterloo all right: ours.
http://www.frumforum.com/waterloo

No, but you’re pretty much on the government’s nutsack for everything.

If this didn’t pass, you would all be bitching about medicade and medicare and how it’s taken out of your paychecks so much to make up for this blah blah blah.
Atleast this is an attempt to help EVERYONE. People will complain about everything. If you don’t like it, then go live somewheres else. No one will care

When was it, the 50s or 60s when the government was taking out 70-80% of earnings? Things seemed to have worked out then. The government got us out of the great depression, you just have some paranoia that the government is constantly out to get you.

If you have some sort of issue, there is nothing holding you back from holding a public office since you have all of the answers. Or maybe you should sit back and see what actually happens instead of arguing on the internet for 500posts about things that you heard on the news.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

You have time to sit here and argue with people over the internet about something you didn’t even read, but you dont have time, or you’re too lazy to read the actual bill.
:tup:

You obviously are not paying attention or you just didn’t comprehend my post.

This is not a valid retort.

I find it exceedingly ironic that so many complain about government, yet can’t be bothered to actively participate in its processes.

Some people just like to scream and yell about about vacuous ideas of liberty and freedom without understanding the fundamental reality of our society. You must relinquish certain rights in order to live the life you carry on. That’s the truth. It’s also the truth that most people relinquish more rights to corporations than to government. It’s in this arena that we, as a society, have even more direct control and influence (with respect to our representative government). This is the place you can exert influence, but these “tea baggers” and everyone else are blind to their predicament.

thank you

once again he explains things in the most amazing ways

Well, it was an article that highlighted the important parts of the bill…not just irrelevant jibberish

http://www.kypost.com/mostpopular/story/Key-Points-Of-The-Health-Care-Reform-Bill/GYwbvispwEy36LI05K_9Cg.cspx

"A medical plan tax that includes several different provisions to increase multiple taxes on things such as cosmetic surgery, cafeteria plans, health insurance providers, production and importation of drugs and medical devices, medical information providing, hospitals and the adjusted gross income floor of medical expenses. "

IMO, I don’t think it really matters that I’m not quoting the actual bill. I don’t have time for that shit.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

You do realize this bill is going to INCREASE the amount that individuals are taxed for medicare/medicaid costs right? Well, if you make 250+ per year.

Screw that old man. What does he know? I am going with Avatar.

the government taking 70 to 80 percent of earnings in the 50s and 60s? Do u have proof of this?

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

lol

no, you… there are PLENTY of places where you can go and live where there is free health care for all citizens, stop trying to make the US just like the rest of the world. We are different for a reason!

/rant

LOL at all the tears…

Also, Ron Paul is insane. The points he makes in that single article are counterintuitive.

If we’re all for less government intervention, why is he pushing for tort reform?

His constitutional arguments are just as ludicrous. To think that a nation of 300mm can survive on a document created to govern 2.5mm alone is beyond naive. The Constitution doesn’t contain a right to privacy either, that was something concocted by the SCOTUS.

The great thing about the Constitution and the process is established is the ability for our government to change and grow along with society. Yes, it’s hard to make changes in our system (especially in a country as free and diverse as us), but it was set up that way.

http://www.cowart.info/blog/uploaded_images/Three-Stooges-1934-731469.jpg

Sorry i meant the 70s

I deal with doctors on a daily basis and I have not met one of them who is in favor of this health care reform. I have also talked to many that have come here from Europe and Canada to escape government run healthcare because, in their words, “it is absolutely terrible.” Does anyone know how much Medicaid pays for a doctors consult? $15… yep. Good luck paying off your school loans and staff with that one. Many of them have stopped accepting Medicaid and Medicare for that reason. So if anyone thinks the government is going fix healthcare… you’re sorely mistaken.

did you know that every single place bills medicaid and insurance almost double what they make you pay in cash, for being uninsured?
So yes all the extra money from this is going to help, no doctors are in favor of this because they dont want to pay higher taxes on thier practice.

Get the facts straight, the ability to refuse anyone medical attention due to lack of insurance, due to things out of your control is assanine.

Healthcare was a racket, and now the governments wants a piece, let them have thier piece.
I dont care what they are or arent fixing, just making insurance available to me was nice.

I’ve honestly had it with people against improving this country, people against healthcare are almost as bad as bush supporters who seem to think we didnt have a deficit until obama came into office, and that the war in iraq and afganastan, was just and worth the money.

You’re all fucking diseased and unfortunatly universal healthcare isnt going to fix stupid.

What is your point? The offices are charging you what they would be paid if you did have insurance. They can bill Medicaid $1000, but all they will receive from them is $15. Medicaid sucks and Medicare is going to get worse, end of story.

I am glad you can finally get healthcare now, and my point was not that we didn’t need some sort of reform, it’s that current government health care options are bad and this bill is a disaster. All tax paying American citizens are going to have to foot the bill.

if youre speaking of anything other than emergency medicine, then you need to get your shit straight.