Where do you stand on healthcare reform?

With all of the press that this has been getting over the past few moths, I want to see where everyone stands on this issue.

The poll is private so go ahead and vote

Personally I have great healthcare, a really good job, and I do not feel bad at all for all of those that don’t have it. I get my wife’s prescriptions for $0, I just went to the ER and had stitches for $0, and I have never had to use my HSA card which has several thousand on it for real bad things that insurance will not cover 100%.

Sidebar to make fun of me on; The ER trip was for dropping a knife straight through my big toe. It was pretty gross to see my knuckle.

I have a pre existing, my eye. so getting healthcare is a fucking joke for me.
So Yes, Im all for it.
The entire medicare system is a joke too. How the hell can they base anything off a households income and not individual?

I’m lazy. Piece together my argument from the following ideas:

-Exponential decay
-Privilege
-Political ambition in a republic
-Insanity
-Orwell
-Bacon, Beer
-Ginni Coefficient
-Free market
-37th
-Farm bill
-Pissing in the ocean

I have a preexisting degenerative heart condition, I drink like a fish and I smoke. I have excellent health care, and to cover both me and my wife costs me something like $100 /Month and I have almost 0 out of pocket expenses. I will say that when I was self-employed it was a bit more, but I could have gotten better coverage through local business groups that I refused to join.

Ok, most of it fits together, but I am pretty clueless as to how Bacon and beer fit the equation. General health issues? I have never filled out a questionnaire that asks about my bacon consumption… I am however a borderline alcoholic if I answered the how much do you drink a week question honestly. :lol:

I lie… There is enough info to piece together your stance, but I do not know what all of that is. I hate that I used to be educated, and all i study now is tech bulletins and product guides. I need to read more :frowning:

Cliffs: Shit’s going from bad to worse so lets try something, and something is not nothing no matter what the right says about change being more of the same.

Bacon and beer go with everything.

I don’t have health insurance, and i had to pay about a grand last time i went to the E.R. but i am against the bill. Especially the version where it’s illegal not to have health insurance. they say if you cant afford it, the government will help you, but i’m willing to bet they will use household income to decide that. Because i live with my parents i won’t qualify, but i still can’t afford it… so they will fine me…

Whereas I typically agree with you, I do not think that health care needs Govt reform. A little bit of intervention will not kill the industry and overall hurt me too much, but a full rebuild will. If the govt stepped in and placed small rules and regulation I would be cool with it, but to take it over and run it like Canada is just absurd. (ok not exactly like Canada, but you get the point). I do not like the idea of having to pay more taxes than I already do. Obama has spent way too much money, and this just adds to the debt. The money will have to come from somewhere, and i am quite positive that my tax bracket will feel a pretty good lein from it.
I am not a compassionate person. I have always worked my ass off for everything that I have. I have had my ups and downs, but I fucking dealt with the punches and made the best of it. I do not want to pay for some ass hole that has HIV due to sharing drug needles and has no job and no health care. Fuck that guy let him die. It is population control at it’s finest. Sure some people are good people that have no health care, so what, asses your situation, find a solution and make it happen. If you are not capable of that then GTFO I don’t want your gene pool infecting our civilization.

I’m just going to say I voted I have healthcare and am for the reform if it is modified.

The details have been beat to death here since Obama ran for president.

In my situation I have no health care but my work offers it for $57 a week + eye and + dental on top of that. I can’t justify spending that much on myself. Does that make me a shitty person? I bust my ass at work and I suppose I could pay that or look into other alternatives, but short of me getting hurt working on my cars or my heart failing I am covered where ever i’m at. By this I mean if i am at your house and get hurt I am covered under your property owners insurance or if it is working on your car your auto insurance. If I am there for work fixing your TV workers comp will cover me. If I crash my car auto insurance. If I down my bike… i’m pretty much fucked.

For it as it currently stands.

I think they should throw republicans a bone with putting in the across state lines thing, since I can’t see the harm in that, and then hammer it through. Something needs to be done. “Starting over” is a synonym for “killing it”

I will support a bipartisan bill that is not going to be anyones dream but satisfy both parties and still reform the major flaws.

Awesome post!

Agreed actually.

And just for the record, nobody is proposing that government take over healthcare in any way. That’s not on the table, nor has it ever been.

Though arguably, through the FDA, Department of Health and Human Services (Medicare) and various licensing boards, the government already controls healthcare.

Sure, and it’s for the best. Just have to use care to properly balance regulation with control.

Isn’t part of this bill based on deregulation? Allowing people to purchase insurance across state lines and whatnot that we can’t do now?

Which is why I vote to pass it as it stands. Those who are voting no based on their career rather than the content of the bill are unaffected by the content of the bill.

The left can fuck with it all day but they won’t gain the 60th vote needed to keep the right from blocking it by reading the phone book until the sand runs out of the hourglass.

What I really think is the left should compromise with the good ideas and ideals of the right to create a better bill for all of us, and then ram it down their throats even though they’re still voting no.

We need to invade Canada before this gets out of hand.

I have healthcare, and because I will ultimately always be employed by a state, I will always have some form of it. I’m indifferent on this issue.

TAKE. GOVERNMENT. OUT. COMPLETELY!!! Thats how it used to be and it worked perfectly. Noone went without care. Ask doctors who have been around since the 60’s and early 70’s before HMO’s were started. They will tell you that we USED to have the greatest healthcare system in the world. Once again we are doing things backwards and noone is talking about the right decision. Rush limbaugh says our healthcare system is perfect and he couldnt be more young, obamanaughts say we need more government, they are wrong. Eveyone in the mainstream media is wrong, and im of course i am not surprised by this.

I voted that I have health care, and would favor modified change.

I feel that there are small steps we could make that would improve our health care system (which I would argue to be the best int he world). But a massive overhaul for the sake of the left wing Dems to forward their agenda is unamerican, unnecessary and bordering on illegal.

I have health care, because I pay for it, and I pay a good bit. They lazy and uninspired get plenty of my hard-earned money already, so now that crack-head oh welfare that lives in the building adjacent from my GF, not only will get free food, free housing, ree $ to buy crack with, but now my tax dollars are going to make sure he stays alive longer too so he can leach off the system longer??!!! Fuck that. There’s already hardly an incentive for somone, who is unskilled and uneducated making < $20,000 / year to even stay employed here in NY. Why give them less.

The republicans did present some simple common-sense ideas that would make health care more affordable for everyone. After seeing the democrat reaction to those ideas convinced me that they truely don’t care about making HC more afordable or better, its strictly an idelological move because they now have tohe #s to do it. If they gave a shit about a single one of us they would be working to get people back to work, seeing that UNEMP is >9.5% and real unemployment is probably >14%.

It cracks me up that they totally ignore the idea of TORT reform. Of course they won’t fuck with that. That’d be biting the hand that feeds them. THey are all lawyers anyway you expect them to regulate their own industry. HA. THey are too busy trying to regulate everyone else’s.

real unemployment is around 20%