The "I got F*CKED over" thread!

Neither would I.

hmm…some of that stuff bro, u could of done for free with a friend or someone, like installing the brake related stuff, well also as long as a fellow experienced 240 guy/friend had a drill lol. I know safety is first tho, so if it was unfit for the brittle brake lines then that wud have to be replaced.

This engine shit is pissing me off hearing about it, you have to HUNT this guy down and get an explanation and tell him to fix your engine!! Cant let these kind of guys get away with things especially with hard earned cash.

Good Luck Bro, Get Er’ Done!!

You get what you pay for…

Couldn’t have said it any better.

i do alot of cash side jobs my self, i always warrenty my own work and if i have to source anything out it goes to a good well known shop were i get paper work and pass it on to the customer, 240coupe should atleast be huntting the engine builder him self just for the fact that the guy made him look like an idiot and basicly giving him a bad rep, if i was 240coupe i would have by this time givin a beat down for that b.s

240coupe already got paid. Why in the world would be be going after the engine builder for? He won’t gain anything out of that…
Then again, to some people, rep on a forum like SON means a lot of them. :expressionless:

Guys,

240coupe, you really need to hunt down the engine builder. Your customer paid YOU, not the engine builder. Business as it is means your responsible to your customer (OSAD).

I think each of you (Osad & 240coupe ) need to talk this out to come up with a compromise.
If you dont, both of you will get a bad image among fellow SON members. Osad, not good for you because no one else will want to work on your car, and 240coupe not good for your business propects.

Finally another reason to hunt the builder down - what if its not the oil pump thats bad, but instead the builder set the bearing clearances wrong. You’ll get the same low oil pressure symptom. 240coupe, since your his customer, the builder has a responsibility to you in hopes to keep your business.

Hope this advice can help
Jeff

Read above… AhmedG and 240coupe are the parties involved. Osad is just a big friendly jewish guy with an s12

lmao :smiley: that’s hilarious!

definetly 240coupes fault for selecting such a bs “engine builder”…

the more I read the “engine builder” sounds like an “engine stealer”… haha, Hes prolly like this part will do nicely on my ka, ill put this shitty piece back on, he will never know.

Do the work yourself, or have it done by a trusted shop/friend. GOODLUCK

AhmedG we told you would do the engine for you, but u wanted to be cheap! so that sucks, Honestly, not everything cheap is the best way!!

i dont know 240coupe so i got nothing to say to him, he did his part and thats all i can say!!

We told you we had a good engine builder that built alot of my friends motors, and they run GREAT!!

If you doing it cash for that much money do up a contract on the computer and have both parties sign and have a witness sign it and each parties get a copy!!

WOMP! WOMP! for you!!

First off, to Ahmad, if the car is a piece of rusted shit. Just get rid of it. You really can’t blame 240coupe because I feel you may have known that certified mechanics would have told you it is a worthless junk car and that they are not willing to work on it. (Assuming it is rusted crapbox like 240coupe says so)

For 240coupe, Im kind of lost here, were any gas tank straps installed? Maybe old ones? I ask because, why would you allow Ahmad to drive the 240 without gas tank straps? Common sense man, you could be held liable if something were to happen like his gas tank falling off and the car blowing up on the highway (Small claims court). Ahmad I wouldn’t drive the car at all if it has no gas tank straps. Take it as a loss Ahmad, if the car is truly crappy, think of this as a lesson and move on.

heyy junior, what’s going on, how’s sheridan?

And just who the hell are you to judge if someone’s car is garbage??

The whole premise of your post seems to be of assumption that Ahmad’s car is in bad condition.

Even if his car is in rough shape - who the hell are you to tell him to scrap it?

Sup Mark!
sheridan is good!! i am in class right now, doing personal selling ish!!

I’m just saying that because I read that Ahmad doesn’t have tools and hasn’t worked on his car ever.

240coupe has worked on it and he has said it has some rust problems, So since this is a post I assume it is rusty.

If Ahmad believes it is road worthy then, don’t take my words to heart.

Alot of canadian 240’s are rusty, and I guess through experience and what 240coupe said, It makes me assume it has a bad rust problem. If I saw pics maybe I would say something else.

Also, I have seen some posts here were people spend alot of money on purchasing a car like Nelly’s and feeling screwed because they didn’t inspect it properly. I hate to see someone buy alot of parts and invest alot of money if it will be forcefully taken of the road by O.P.P if say it has a big hole in the floor or rad support or brittle brake lines etc…

Even better - the premise of your post was based on assumptions. Your explanation still does not justify your sound “advice.”

quote:

240coupe already got paid. Why in the world would be be going after the engine builder for? He won’t gain anything out of that…
Then again, to some people, rep on a forum like SON means a lot of them.

your asking why you would go after the engine builder? well its just a guess fobwall but he may not have oil pressure any more and who was the last person inside that engine??? oh yes the guy that rebuilt the motor i could be wrong but to me that makes sense, 240coupe got paid to re and re the engine and a few other things but its the fag that rebuilt the motor that has now fucked off and there maybe an internal prob.

At 240coupe’s place, photo taken on October 10th!!! Car has not been in working condition since, except for that test drive when I got it back.

Old stock brakes

My precious rims :). Gunmetal Spec-V’s

How they looked after installing them.

Here is a high res pic of my rusty rad support. Not too bad I’d say…this was taken when I had my frame repaired by Draggone, who did an excellent job btw.

I’m going outside to take pics of the damage to the rims. I will post them soon.

Listen 240coupe, I am not blaming you for not installing the parts, I was just pissed that I didn’t get what I wanted especially after I told you I’d pay seperately for all the parts installed. The 1200 installed was the price for the engine. You asked for 60 bucks for fluids and whatnot, I paid that too, without hesitation. The total I paid you was $1410 plus that $10 for your buddy to redrill the rotors. (this is off the top of my head, but I’m 95% certain these were the exact values). You told me that you spent a long time on my rear brakes and installed one of the 2 control arms that I had in the car, along with a tie rod end from your old parts collection. I was very thankful for what you did, albeit frustrated with the outcome since I bought 2 control arms so both could be installed. Regardless of all this, I still paid you the money, requesting that you get me the warranty and build sheet as soon as possible, and then finish installing the remaining parts on the next weekend.

I don’t want things to turn sour or make any immature remarks, I just want to resolve the issue. Please work with me man…I’ve been very forgiving and lenient so far.