the new slut...german content inside

same here

well now that i had to buy this my jeep fund is about 1/2 of what it was and i couldnt find anything decent with the money i had, once i get a steady job ill prob just take out a small loan to help out

motor was pulled friday aternoon

mess of wires ugh

also a mess

looks like a go-cart engine.

1.8 8v FTW

:thumbup

trans is off

got it on the stand and ready to be torn into, didnt get pics but there will e more updates coming soon

I’m not hatin’, just dont understand (it’s a Jeep thing?). Good luck with the project.

thanks dood

I strongly suggest you invest in one of these:

http://www.urotuning.com/shop/images/vrg4.jpg

http://www.germanautoparts.com/Books/Volkswagen/Rabbit

yeah i might grab one on my next trip to GAP im sure theres gonna be more parts im gonna need

heres my update: started to tear into it last night at like 11 and didnt get to bed until about 5
cleaned up the shed a bit to get the motor in there to work on it

took intake mani off.

exhaust manifold

valve cover and upper timing cover

yikes 1’’ of play on the timing belt, suprised it had’nt jumped

remove alternator and V-Belt

TDC mark, i also pulled the #1 plug and looked at the distributer to make sure

remove water pump pulley

take off crank pulley

remove lower timing belt cover

loosen tensioner and remove belt

removed the oil pan and head

parts/tool pile so far:
top end gaskets
head studs
water pump
shif linkage rebuild
tensioner tool
oil pan gasket
timing belt
honing tool
ring compressor
LOTS of degreaser

when i took the head off i found that the cylinders were glazed pretty bad so that means i gotta hone the cylinders, which means i gotta take the pistons out…which means the rings would have to be replaced and also the rod bearings, and if i did all that i might as well do the crank bearings and if i did all that i might as well just get the gasket kit for the bottom end and do it all

tomorrow im bringing my ported and polished head to the machine shop to get it shaved, im picking up my parts to re asseble the motor

so tonight and tomorrow the plan is to strip it down and get the cylinders done so i can start as soon as i pick up the parts

flush that coolant system good and run the correct G-11 coolant. not that napa jump off.

is that the tensioner tool GAP sells? ill trade you a nearly new clutch cable for the use of the tensioner tool

yeah i know…that bottle in the pic is degreaser not coolant

damn, industial sized degreaser. :lol

shits fuckin everywhere…might even need another bottle, and thats concentrated so it has to be mixed haha

dropped the ported and polished head off to the machine shop to get shaved…should be done tomorrow, also my bottom end parts will be here

tonight im going to continue dissassembly of the bottom end and clean EVERYTHING i have taken off, including the block

looks like i might be an all nighter with a few hours of sleep in the car (slept in it last night with the top back cause it was too damn hott in the house

how many fat girls you think you could get in there?

3 in the back and 3 CP in the trunk

sweet